well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Ground News

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ground News
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Anyone heard of it? Michael Smerconish referenced it on his show this morning. From the About Us page:

quote:
Ground News is a platform that makes it easy to compare news sources, read between the lines of media bias and break free from algorithms.

https://ground.news/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I saw that show too, and wanted to look it up. Thanks for the link; I will check it out.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Interesting concept.

Not spending $10/mo.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Haven't bothered with a paid subscription, just using what's free. It's actually pretty slick. And informative.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’ll keep an eye on it. WaPo isn’t getting the job done lately.

Every article includes how the issue affects poor single black mothers. From climate change, Covid, OS 16.3, vegetarian casseroles to the war in Ukraine, that’s the population they report on.

I’m as lefty as the next guy but I don’t need this.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yea, I just got a subscription offer from WaPo for 99 cents a months for a year and I had to think about it.

Ground News....Of course they're displaying all the same old news sources. What I find interesting is to see the headlines from those sources and how a particular story is being presented, whether the right or left is focusing on the story, and how the reporting is distributed across left/center/right.

It's nothing you can't do on your own but it's great to have it all brought together in one place.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Couldn’t one get a daily news feed from AP or Reuters and notice which items aren’t getting picked up by your favorite paper or news channel?

But I like that Ground lays it out for you.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post