well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Shadow and bone

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shadow and bone
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
On Netflix. Think it was a YA trilogy. Like hunger games, or divergent or Harry potter. If you like those kind of things, it’s pretty good.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
On my list

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
We started it the other day. We haven't got into it yet.

What has captured our imagination is "Atlantic Crossing" on PBS, about Norway's role in World War II.

Posts: 45741 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
On my list
Thanks

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
We started it the other day. We haven't got into it yet.

What has captured our imagination is "Atlantic Crossing" on PBS, about Norway's role in World War II.

It’s not going to be for everyone. I’m in need of some fantasy to escape some reality these days, and this is perfect. Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
We've been watching Atlantic Crossing as well--really fascinating. I'll try Shadow and Bone.

We're still enjoying West Wing, but I'm getting nervous because I seem to recall that in the later seasons the quality went down. But so far, so good!

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
We started watching Ken Burns' documentary on Mark Twain. I am finding it fascinating and moving. I am especially enjoying the deep dive into the history of that period.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
We've been watching Atlantic Crossing as well--really fascinating. I'll try Shadow and Bone.

We're still enjoying West Wing, but I'm getting nervous because I seem to recall that in the later seasons the quality went down. But so far, so good!

Sorkin and Schlamme left after the fourth season and the show definitely changed after that. However, after a bit of a slump (IMO) in season 5, it ramps back up again. I really enjoyed Alan Alda and Jimmy Smits running for President and some of the new characters they add (Kate Harper, for example) are really great. I would say that it’s not as consistent, but it definitely is still worth watching.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
We started watching Ken Burns' documentary on Mark Twain. I am finding it fascinating and moving. I am especially enjoying the deep dive into the history of that period.

Ultimately very depressing IMO.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post