well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I'm going under...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm going under...
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Comfort

Posts: 24653 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Update
Im grateful for the timing of the senate trial--too doped up to pay attention.

I fall asleep right in the middle of everything--including texting or writing a post.
Auto correct corrections are especially exhausting. Except couldn't sleep last night. Too much pain. I must be developing a tolerance to the dilaudid. Have a call in to my doc to see if he will reevaluate my pain program.

Have been sitting on the back deck in the sunshine for 15 min every afternoon. Mr Pique brings my horse into the back yard and she loves on me whole I gentle groom her face.

Have to go back to sleep now.źz. zzzzzzzz

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Hang in the piqué! I'm afraid that may not be a very helpful thing to say though!!

Comfort

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
This is hilarious. I totally have zero memory of this thread. Nor do I remember much about what I wrote. I only discovered it because it was on a forgotten tab of a device I replaced last month.

Well I'm here now, so Ill give an update.

I'm in my 5th week post op and finally, finally, it seems like I'm making a little bit of progress each day. Today I cooked for the first time! I made Mr Pique a nice Valentine's dinner (lambchops!) And a surprise dessert--chocolate mousse! I had to make the mousse in stages so I could rest my leg at regular intervals, but it turned out great.

The random zinging pain in my shin is fading away, the knee gets hot and sore after walking or PT, but then feels better pretty quickly. I'm icing it with the machine all night every night and several times during the day. I'm able to walk outside without crutches and we plan to walk around a local lake tomorrow. I'll bring the crutches along for backup.

I'm walking with a correct gait! I can only keep the gait correct for a few minutes at a time though, but it is feeling more and more natural to walk every day. I have a really good PT, so that is lucky. She is very systematic and holistic in her approach. My ROM is now 0-112, ahead of schedule, so I'm focusing on getting the quads strong.

Unfortunately the gastric issues are back--I've had two more attacks. I cannot take NSAIDs at all now so it's Tylenol only. And learned the hard way that I have to stay on the Pepcid for a while. I am going in to see my gp about this when i see the surgeon next week. She says many of her patients suffer from terrible gastritis after this surgery. If you get your knee done, be sure to always take your pain pills with food. I'm pretty sure that's the reason this happened. I was too out of it for the first two weeks to read the instructions in the pharmacy literature, and nobody at the hospital warned Mr. Pique to give me my meds with food--and so I didn't! I just wasn't eating much after surgery.

I think the new knee is going to be brilliant. It's already so much stronger than the original. Smiler

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
good to hear, pique!

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update!

Posts: 24653 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Glad you're springing back!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Great
Will tell Ginger Rogers she will have competition soon.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Great news! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
piqué, this is wonderful to hear!! Although, I'm really sorry you have the gastric issues!

But good on you for how well you're doing with PT and ROM etc, I have no doubt that it's all down to your commitment to healing!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Great news, pique. You are an inspiration.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Finally! Yeah!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post