well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Got new hip?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got new hip?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Mr wtg does.

Surgery yesterday, home today. Physical therapist will come to our house three times a week; the patient does exercises on his own at home several times a day.

We're hoping he'll be dancing in the streets in no time...

happydance

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Just amazing, isn't it?

May he do well...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
That’s great!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Mr. wtg!
May you heal well and soundly!

And after so many health issues, this triumph of modern medicine.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Mrs M got one, swears it’s the best thing she ever did and regrets waiting so long.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping for a fast recovery and very little discomfort.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

My mom is scheduled for a new knee next month. They really do seem to be sending people home earlier after surgery these days...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Is that a 2nd new hip for him?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Have skied with people that have hip replacements.
Expect him to join me on the slopes this winter. Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25710 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Is that a 2nd new hip for him?

Yup. Stover did this one, too.

PT was just here and was amazed at where he's at with movement and strength; said his quads are way stronger than most people at this stage. Guess using that Cubii for the last month or two helped!

She was also amazed that he's only taking Tylenol for pain, and no dilaudid. I do think part of that is that he was used to the hip being excrutiatingly painful before and Tylenol was the only pain med he was taking.

He would have had this hip done a long time ago if he hadn't had to take the time to deal with the bladder cancer. Which, btw, seems to be under control. Negative for cancer in a May biopsy, again when they did a bladder wash last month.

So far, so good.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Great news re the hip surgery! And also this:
quote:
He would have had this hip done a long time ago if he hadn't had to take the time to deal with the bladder cancer. Which, btw, seems to be under control. Negative for cancer in a May biopsy, again when they did a bladder wash last month.

It sounds like he's doing really good with PT, so best wishes for that to continue and for a quick hip recovery and continued health in general!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Glad for the negative biopsy and the positives for the hip replacement.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25710 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Great news all around. Sending healing thoughts!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Mr wtg thanks you all for the good wishes!

I went to our favorite bakery and bought some treats to splurge on for the next few days....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post