well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    FBI executed search warrant on Mar-a-Lago
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FBI executed search warrant on Mar-a-Lago
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
The FBI executed a search warrant on Mar-a-Lago.
Developing news.
popcorn

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Reporting that it has to do with those 15 boxes of missing stuff he took...

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
That reminds me… did I-1 ever return the stuff he “borrowed” from the US embassy in Paris?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The best part was Trumplethinskin saying on the "There's Nobody Home!" social network that it was just like Watergate! The Democrats were raiding Mar-a-Lago!

Because the FBI is all Democrats.

And because Gordon Liddy was a member of law enforcement, acting in an official capacity.

And because a search pursuant to a search warrant is just like breaking and entering.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Search warrant issued for the home of a former President. I have a hard time believing they went in looking for generic documents that should be at the National Archives. It's not consistent with Garland's style; he's too measured.

It has to be much much bigger than that.

I think they were near 100 percent certain that there is a smoking gun that would implicate people in serious federal crimes.

And with TFG's habit of ripping things up, this comes to mind:

https://www.washingtonpost.com...a-918a-aea36a66b41f/

But at this point we just don't know and have to wait and see.

edit: I wondered if something big was coming up when Garland recently made remarks about no one being above the law.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Someone on Twitter pointed out yesterday the DoJ's policy of not taking action to interfere with an election within 90 days of the election, and that the date of the search was something like 91-92 days before the election.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Seems like coincidence. Trump isn’t running in 2022.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I thought the guidance references matters that would affect a candidate *or* a political party.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...lection/10097439002/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:

You wouldn’t know it by following the news coverage of the GOP primary races.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:

Has someone told him? Big Grin

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Faux news has been all over "when we take the country back we will hold everyone accountable"... Don't they realize this is what holding people accountable actually looks like?

I've been thinking about the reaction from the Republicans on how this is "a coup" or using the FBI for political gain and realize that...

This is how they think. This is how they expect government to work for them, so they assume everyone else thinks and cheats the same way!

Ugh.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
From Rontuner
quote:
so they assume everyone else thinks and cheats the same way!

Studies have show that this it true.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Team Trump has the warrant but hasn’t released it.

I’m guessing it’s because it makes him look too good and his modesty just won’t allow him to publish it. Or something.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Team Trump has the warrant but hasn’t released it.

I’m guessing it’s because it makes him look too good and his modesty just won’t allow him to publish it. Or something.

No doubt

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/popehat/st...ChBJnW7-DaA2OPo4WCVQ

Keep in mind she’s in possession of the warrant so she knows what the FBI was looking for and why. So the attempt to cast aspersions on the evidence is not a good sign for team Trump. She’s pretending to speak hypothetically, but she almost certainly knows what they found.