Find
Notify
Tools

Hip
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Interestingly, Mr wtg's surgeon actually *made* the leg with the hip replacement slightly longer than the other leg, in anticipation of the second hip being replaced. He will make the legs equal length during the second surgery.

The doc asked at Mr wtg's last visit whether he feels the difference in the leg length (it's apparently a couple of millimeters) and Mr wtg said he does not.

Mr wtg said the hip felt immediately after surgery, and still feels, completely like it's his. He had pain in the leg muscle initially from the surgery, but the joint felt fine. And even then, the muscle pain in the leg was wayyy less than the arthritic pain pre-surgery.

I know, that's terribly helpful....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I didn't feel any of the leg length discrepancies after either of my replacements but heard it from a couple of other people that I'd see at PT...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7540 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Wow, she's up and doing all that already? I'm giving her 5 stars!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
Wow, she's up and doing all that already? I'm giving her 5 stars!

Today she vacuumed the family room. I would have done it if she asked, even though it was just vacuumed on Friday. She wanted to do it herself.

Remarkable.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Steve, how's Mrs. Miller doing now, a couple more days in?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13509 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Today is a turning point.

Mrs. Miller went into the kitchen and rearranged/wiped down everything that I had already done and put it the way she wanted it. She skipped the dinner I already made and made her own. Everything I had put on the left she moved to the right and everything on the right she moved to the left. The stuff on the middle she had moved out of the way to make room for things moving left and right. The dogs got out of the way and made sure that their bowls are somewhere accessible after all of this activity.

The entire dishwasher was rearranged and run again. Various produce was banished from the refrigerator.

I might point out that all of this activity was done without the benefit of a walker. We have enough countertops in close proximity in the kitchen that there was really no reason to have a walker. With any luck she will re-wash all the laundry tomorrow. Cool because I already grabbed enough socks

Bravo!

She is going to be fine.

Mr Pique happens to be a big Steve Miller fan, so I read this aloud to him. He laughed and laughed. You two will have to meet some day.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21283 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Steve, how's Mrs. Miller doing now, a couple more days in?

She gets a little stronger every day, treading a fine line between doing all of the activities the PT wants her to do without over doing anything. Pain levels are down enough that she's cut back on pain meds. Today's minor milestones are that she can get in and out of bed herself and we walked to the end of the street and back last night.

Maybe the best gauge of how she is doing is that she's been talking to a couple of friends who have scheduled the same surgery. She has told each one of them that this was the best move she ever made and they're going to wish they had done it sooner.

Thanks for asking!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
So glad to hear. ThumbsUp

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13509 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
sounds like an amazing woman. I'm glad she's doing so well - and you too!

Posts: 9592 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post