Notify
Tools

Hip
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it all went well, Steve. And to echo others, my mom had her hip replaced with amazing results. Hoping for the best for Mrs. Steve. Smiler

Posts: 35360 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Sending good healing wishes your way!

Joint replacement is so much more advanced, almost year to year.

Keep us posted on your wife's progress. We are all routing for her!

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
We’re home now. The first trip to the bathroom did not go well.

We can only improve.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34794 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Providing care for a post surgery joint replacement spouse can't be easy. I've already postponed my knee replacement twice, and will decide again in a week. It will demand a lot of Mr pique and I keep thinking I can time it better.

Best wishes for quick and easy recovery!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21283 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Pique', my wife had one about 6 months ago. We can discuss how it all went if you like.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13763 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of piqaboo
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for speedy and optimal recovery to Mrs Steve.
The day post any surgery seems to totally suck. Good luck!

OT's ball 'n chain

Posts: 2691 | Registered: 07 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
We’re home now. The first trip to the bathroom did not go well.

We can only improve.

An ADA height toilet and one of these gizmos make life much easier.

Looks kinda like an oversize walker. The armrests make it much easier to get up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
We have the ADA toilet and I put an attachment on it that has arms like that.

Today is much better than yesterday. The PT guy will be here in a few hours and I'm looking forward to hearing his recommendations.

Posts: 34794 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Pique', my wife had one about 6 months ago. We can discuss how it all went if you like.

Yes please. If Steve doesn't mind. That had to be challenging with all the stairs at your place.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I don’t mind at all!

And I hope you don’t wait much longer. The longer you wait the harder recovery is going to be.

Will there ever be a “good” time?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Today is a turning point.

Mrs. Miller went into the kitchen and rearranged/wiped down everything that I had already done and put it the way she wanted it. She skipped the dinner I already made and made her own. Everything I had put on the left she moved to the right and everything on the right she moved to the left. The stuff on the middle she had moved out of the way to make room for things moving left and right. The dogs got out of the way and made sure that their bowls are somewhere accessible after all of this activity.

The entire dishwasher was rearranged and run again. Various produce was banished from the refrigerator.

I might point out that all of this activity was done without the benefit of a walker. We have enough countertops in close proximity in the kitchen that there was really no reason to have a walker. With any luck she will re-wash all the laundry tomorrow. Cool because I already grabbed enough socks

Bravo!

She is going to be fine.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO
Sounds like her recovery is an unqualified success!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The PT guy said that walking and other motion is important to healing.

Tomorrow I will mess up the living room.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
There's a corresponding phrase similar to mansplaining that applies to that behavior, but I am very familiar with it in my own home.

It's a good sign she is on the mend. ThumbsUp

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13509 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Miller says that her leg with the new hip feels like it is "longer" than it was before. The PT guy said this is fairly common and the feeling will go away with time.

Anyone have experience with this?