well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Ok Dol, you're next!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ok Dol, you're next!
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
I just ordered some hair clippers on eBay to keep up appearances for Mr. SK and me! (Although, I will probably have Mr. SK start with scissors for me though).

Ok Dol, what are you going to do about your do?

Ole

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
I just ordered some hair clippers on eBay to keep up appearances for Mr. SK and me! (Although, I will probably have Mr. SK start with scissors for me though).

Ok Dol, what are you going to do about your do?

Ole

I have made zero plans. I might make some cute headband things to help tame the puffy top. After I get past the first few weeks of horrible, I should be able to tuck the sides behind my ears. The back at the bottom will be the worst part. We do have clippers (two pairs! Liam was an Air Cadet, after all) so if needed we can resort to that. Unfortunately, I think all my housemates are going to be equally poor choices for the actual clipping. And when I was all my housemates I’m including Heathrow as a contender.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Well, I'll let you know what happens.

Desperate times, I tell you!

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Is anybody considering doing something nuts like dying their hair pink. I am.

Well, maybe blue...

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
That sounds fun!

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I may need to live up to the family chutzpah. Look what my son and his kids did for the youngest's birthday on Saturday.

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:

Well, maybe blue...

I went through a period of time (like two years ago) where I told my stylist I wanted him to dye my hair blue every time I went in. Eventually he did make it black with blue highlights. It was pretty subtle, but it shut me up.

I have considered just shaving my head. I’ve always wanted to... maybe now is the time.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
A few years ago my nephew had a good-looking close cut and I asked him about it. He said it was "#5 all over." I tried on my head and it was a little too short - oops! Now I ask for #5 on the back and sides and scissors for the rest.

It has been 5 weeks since my last haircut. It's not too shaggy yet but soon it will be. I have some clippers I got for our long-haired doggies about 20 years ago. I may dust them off and try to trim around my ears. Feel free to warn me off that idea!

Posts: 335 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thinking of getting clippers and getting a Mohawk myself.
When I was a child, I somehow got a ride to town. I crawled into the barber's chair and said I wanted a Mohawk.
The barber knew my mother. He was smart enough to know that she might kill him.
He made a traitorous call to my mother. She was there in record time.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:

Well, maybe blue...

I went through a period of time (like two years ago) where I told my stylist I wanted him to dye my hair blue every time I went in. Eventually he did make it black with blue highlights. It was pretty subtle, but it shut me up.

I have considered just shaving my head. I’ve always wanted to... maybe now is the time.

I think the only way I could grow out my natural hair color would be to shave my head! Not sure I could face it, though...

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I've been cutting my own hair for years! (Which probably was obvious to EVERYONE.). But I dislike getting haircuts, so I'd rather just do it myself.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post