well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    This time the mass shooting is in Texas
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This time the mass shooting is in Texas
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
The count is up to 18 dead.

quote:
A law enforcement official says at least 15 people were killed in the attack at an El Paso shopping center and that the suspect who was taken into custody is a 21-year-old Dallas-area man named Patrick Crusius.

The official was not authorized to discuss an ongoing investigation publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity. The official also stresses that the death count is preliminary and that the investigation is still ongoing.

Police say most of the victims of Saturday's attack appear to have been at a Walmart near the Cielo Vista Mall in El Paso, though they say the mall had also been "secured."

El Paso hospital say they are treating 22 victims, not including a patient who died after arriving at one of the hospitals.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lat...-mall-182230970.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Thoughts and prayers.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thoughts and prayers.

Yes, that's what Mitch McConnell is offering on his twitter feed.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Texas is the place where this is not supposed to happen, because they have lots of good people with guns, right ...

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thoughts and prayers.

+1

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of people who really like this sort of thing.

We are supposed to make allowances.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
And yet again a white guy is taken into custody after violence without a scratch while black guys get shot and killed by police for traffic stops or less.... WTF???

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Several of those killed in El Paso, which borders Mexico, were Mexican citizens, and officials said that they are examining what they called a "manifesto" that they believe was written by the shooter and shows a possible "nexus" to a hate crime. After he was arrested, the suspect told investigators he wanted to shoot as many Mexicans as possible, two law enforcement officials told ABC News.

Pressed by Karl on whether Trump was at all to blame for using words like "invasion" to talk about illegal immigration and saying congresswomen of color should leave the country, Mulvaney said Trump was just as saddened and angered by the shootings as others.

"There's no benefit here to trying to make this a political issue," said Mulvaney. "This is a social issue."

He labeled the gunmen in El Paso and Dayton "crazy people" who "should not be able to get guns." The Dayton gunman, who died at the scene, killed at least nine people, authorities said. Dozens of people were injured in each attack.

"Sick people who are intent on doing things like this should not be able to buy guns legally," Mulvaney said.

Mulvaney on This Week.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politic...ey/story?id=64744298

Remember the ride down the elevator to announce his candidacy in 2015? The "Mexican rapist" meme?...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
May he rot in political hell after November of 2020. More people that restaurants should 86.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Bernie Sanders was just on CNN. He hit the nail on the head. He said he's sure that Trump doesn't want to see people shot and killed, but that he has to understand that his inflammatory rhetoric can resonate with people with extremist views and/or mental health issues. Sanders talked about all of the mass shootings that were basically hate crimes against a group (Jews, Muslims, Christians, gays, Mexicans....) and how I-1's divisive rhetoric isn't helping bring the country together.

If you aren't going to take the guns away, at least stop riling up the nutjobs. Sounds like pretty good advice to me.

edit: Kasich was on after Sanders. Boy, was he ever fired up. I'll post video if/when it becomes available.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kasich was on after Sanders. Boy, was he ever fired up. I'll post video if/when it becomes available.

About a ten minute video:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/pol...sotu-kasich-full.cnn

Bazootiehead-in-training

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Just heard on the radio, Individual-1 yelling (maybe at his golf course?) that there is no room for hate in the USA.

Ummmm...

Uhhhmmmmmmmmm....

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
He's undoubtedly being read the riot act from his pollsters. I do not believe he has an ounce of empathy in his body--these soundbites are to help him, period.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post