well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Veggie garden

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Veggie garden
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
My veggie garden got off to a pretty late start this year. Was picking radishes in the hot weather up till a couple of weeks ago; they didn't get fibrous but they were pretty zippy!

Picked my first pickle today! I love them when they're just little guys. Lots of flowers this year but the fruit is slow to form and mature.

The shishito and jalapeno peppers are doing well, but the poblanos and some others I tried as experiments are struggling. Not sure what's going on; some kind of leaf blight.

Black Krim and Black Prince tomatoes have lots of green fruit and I think I'm going to have a good crop.

Starting to get some ripe grape and cherry tomatoes (enough that I had a bowlful to include in tonight's dinner, salad Nicoise).

Also planted a new variety of cherry tomato that is black (kinda like eggplants are purple-black). They haven't ripened yet, but are on the way. I'm anxious to try them.

Half ripe:

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I always enjoy pictures of your garden!

Please let us know how you like the black cherry tomatoes.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post