well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My better half. Update
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My better half. Update
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted
MRI results show some small bleeding events (micro blood clots that burst) that have caused some minor damage. Some very recent, and others within the last month and a couple that are older.

They found the area that is causing the symptoms.

Doing a lot more tests including taking a lot of blood for various clotting tests, etc. Echocardiograms including a "bubble" echo, and more than I can remember off the top of my head.

She is here for at least one more day, depending on what these new tests reveal. Looks like baby aspirin at the very least and some cholesterol medication. I will keep you all updated as we learn more. Sarah says to thank you you all for your love and support and I appreciate it immensely as well.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Hope they get it right soon.
Hope Sarah is weathering all this well.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Good news I think, but still more questions.

Please tell here we’re thinking of her and hoping for the best. ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Not that I give two sh!ts about money where my wife's life is concerned, (I would sell everything I own to save her life) but, we entered the ER on 12/31 with very little deductible used on our health insurance plan because up to this point, we have both been very healthy. The admittance to the hospital was that same day and of course it continues into the new year. So, we are now on the hook for two deductibles owed all at once, which totals almost $16k ( $7.9k OOP per person per year). This was the absolute worst timing for such a thing to occur. Sure, we could have waited one day, but when you are certain that your loved one is experiencing a stroke, who thinks about such bullsh!t?

The insurance company is going to expect us to pay that $16k on top of the $15k in premiums we already pay. Do you think they will take into consideration that we have paid almost $50k in premiums over the past 3 years without using so much as a dime of our insurance. Oh, hell no! Fvcking greedy bastards.

We are not wealthy people. I make a decent living, but this is going to hurt the retirement funds because I will probably have to raid them to avoid this affecting our credit.

The health insurance system in this country, sucks. The care is awesome. The expense, not so much.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry that your family is going through this. Fingers crossed that she recovers fully without further issues.

I’m also sorry to hear about the financial piece on top of everything else.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Best to both of you.

Group Hug

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same boat having to purchase insurance through the marketplace and having those high deductibles...

Blessings to you as you weather this storm.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to Sarah; I hope they get it all figured out for her, with good diagnostics, effective treatment, and good outcomes.

And so sorry about the insurance piece. But at least you have insurance, or this could be financially catastrophic.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I missed any earlier post you made concerning this, Mark.

My wife and I will be praying for a good recovery for your wife.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7404 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
⇑ This.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry, Mark - How frustrating (the deductibles) and how frightening for your family.
Comfort

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update, and thank heavens it seems to be a manageable event. The financial piece is an additional stress you don't need.

Here's hoping for a quick resolution.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Just saw this. So sorry you two have to deal with it.

Yes, healthcare system is fkdup.

jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Sounds just awful, Mark - the mysterious frightening symptoms, entering into the Kingdom of the Medical right at the holidays, and the financial misfortune.

Hoping for the very best outcome and ASAP! Get well, Sarah, and may the doctors be astute.

PS Fifteen years ago I entered the hospital for ten days between Christmas and New Years, and apart from suffering from their gross negligence, also had to pay my deductible twice. It was bad.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post