well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    John Kelly speaks (edit: as do others)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Kelly speaks (edit: as do others)
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Wonder if I should have added this to the "Republicans voting for Biden" thread...

quote:
President Donald Trump’s former chief of staff John Kelly reportedly considers the U.S. president among the most contemptible people he has known. According to an excerpt from a CNN special set to air Sunday night, Kelly told friends, “The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life.”

In addition to Kelly, the program, The Insiders: A Warning from Former Trump Officials, includes interviews with former national security adviser John Bolton, former Health and Human Services immunologist Rick Bright, and John Mitnick, former general counsel at the Department of Homeland Security, which Kelly oversaw for just eight months before his ill-fated 17-month stint as White House chief of staff.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...t-flawed-person-ever

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37681 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
This steady drumbeat of news stories keeps the Trump team off balance and incapable of grabbing the spotlight productively. If they cannot change the narrative dramatically, and quickly, it's Biden by 10 or more.

Posts: 12480 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
But wait! There's more....

quote:
By the time he’s done, President Trump may have turned out more writers than any university.

Longtime Trump associate Barbara A. Res is the latest author to pen a tell-all about her time with the president and it’s called “Tower of Lies.”

According to the Los Angeles Times, which scored a copy of the tome that’s due out next week, the stories are new, but the central character if the same old lying, cheating, sexist, racist leading man featured in books by the president’s niece, former lawyer and numerous other associates.

“He was able to control others, through lies and exaggeration, with promises of money or jobs, through threats of lawsuits or exposure," writes Res, who spent 18 years working for Trump’s real estate company. "He surrounded himself with yes-men, blamed others for his own failures, never took responsibility, and always stole credit. These tactics are still at work, just deployed at the highest levels of the U.S. government, with all the corruption and chaos that necessarily ensue.”

Res also writes that Trump instructed her not to have black people visible in his building’s lobbies or on work sites. According to Res, that’s not what Trump thought people coming in to buy expensive apartments wanted to see.

And not unexpected:

quote:
Trump’s campaign director reportedly dismissed the latest book about Trump as fake news coming from a disgruntled former employee.

https://www.nydailynews.com/ne...mujyzqcsq-story.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37681 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Keeps 'em off balance for another news cycle or two.

This is like the basketball team that's up 8 with three minutes to go. Just use all the shot clock. Don't get aggressive. Let the other side make desperation heaves. All Biden needs to do now is run out the ever shortening clock before Nov. 3rd.

These little tidbits of news that grab attention for even a day help run down the clock. And they don't even need to be important. You know, this sounds like we've learned from the other side.

Posts: 12480 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Does I-1 have any gruntled former employees?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30028 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post