well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Cory Booker is in

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cory Booker is in
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker is the latest Democrat to enter the increasingly crowded race for the White House, making the initial announcement with a message of unity.

"We are better when we help each other," Booker says in a video message. "I believe that we can build a country where no one is forgotten, no one is left behind; where parents can put food on the table; where there are good paying jobs with good benefits in every neighborhood; where our criminal justice system keeps us safe, instead of shuffling more children into cages and coffins; where we see the faces of our leaders on television and feel pride, not shame."

The video sets the tone for a campaign that's expected to counter President Trump's divisive, base-focused politics with a conscious emphasis on big-picture themes of common purpose and love overcoming political divisions.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/01...or-president-in-2020

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
And in a related story:

quote:
Gov. Phil Murphy (D) signed a bill on Thursday that would allow Sen. Cory Booker (D), who has been widely seen as a possible 2020 presidential contender, to run for president and the Senate simultaneously.

The new bill would allow any U.S. senator or member of the U.S. House from the Garden State to appear on both the primary general election for their respective office in addition to the presidency, according to Politico.

The bill, N.J. A4674 (18R), reportedly states that “no provision of [New Jersey’s election law], or of any other law, rule, or regulation shall be interpreted as to prevent a person from accepting a nomination by petition” to run for the House or Senate in addition to president or vice president simultaneously.

https://thehill.com/homenews/s...d-senate-at-the-same

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
"We are better when we help each other,"

There are enough people in the race now that it might be time for some real policy proposals - along with proposals on how to pay for them.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
He’s the only announced candidate so far who didn’t scapegoat any group in his announcement speech.

I give him big credit for that. I know those are low standards but here we are.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
This means only one thing. It's time for him to quit.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I don't want to spam the forum with every Democrat announcing lately, so I'll add that Tulsi Gabbard has announced, creating instantly another need to quit. I admit people who seem to be delusional in believing they have a snowflake's chance in hell of becoming president are interesting. Maybe they hope to be chosen to run for vice president. It happened to Tim Kaine. It can happen to you.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
I admit people who seem to be delusional in believing they have a snowflake's chance in hell of becoming president are interesting.
Wonder how many American parents/teachers still tell their kids they can grow up to become the President of the Unites States.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post