well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    “If they don’t like it, they can go to hell.”

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“If they don’t like it, they can go to hell.”
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
From a Bernie tweet about a financial transaction tax. It was a few weeks back but I remember it as something like:

“To pay for free college for everyone I’m going to raise taxes on Wall Street. If they don’t like it, they can go to hell.”

Why, Bernie, why?

He has said he will raise taxes on the middle class to pay for healthcare for all. Can you imagine him tweeting:

“To pay for healthcare for all I’m going to raise taxes on the middle class. If they don’t like it, they can go to hell.”

He would never tweet that but why not? I mean, presumably going to hell would be their only remedy, no? Just like the Wall Street guys?

Can’t we have a candidate that doesn’t explicitly treat a group of Americans as the enemy?

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
From a Bernie tweet about a financial transaction tax. It was a few weeks back but I remember it as something like:

“To pay for free college for everyone I’m going to raise taxes on Wall Street. If they don’t like it, they can go to hell.”

Why, Bernie, why?

He has said he will raise taxes on the middle class to pay for healthcare for all. Can you imagine him tweeting:

“To pay for healthcare for all I’m going to raise taxes on the middle class. If they don’t like it, they can go to hell.”

He would never tweet that but why not? I mean, presumably going to hell would be their only remedy, no? Just like the Wall Street guys?

Can’t we have a candidate that doesn’t explicitly treat a group of Americans as the enemy?

No because Wall Street needs to be reined in. Capitalism is out of control and needs to be taxed fairly and regulated. We need big changes. He's not going to say that to the middle class because they aren't the ones who have been exploiting the system.

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post