well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I like presidents who are decisive

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I like presidents who are decisive
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
This guy's decisions don't last more than a day or two.

quote:
Rep. Tom McClintock said Friday that President Donald Trump has agreed to reverse his administration's decision to deny federal cleanup funding for six wildfires, including the largest single fire in state history located in the Republican-heavy Central Valley.

Impact: McClintock, a Republican who represents fire-struck regions of California, said in a tweet that House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy told him that Trump would issue a disaster declaration providing funding to clean up fire debris. That comes despite the Federal Emergency Management Agency's denial of Gov. Gavin Newsom's request earlier this week. "The Presidential Disaster Declaration is imminent and help is on the way," he wrote.

FEMA representatives didn't respond immediately to a request for comment.

Background: FEMA denied Newsom's request for federal cost-sharing on the Creek Fire and five others just a day after agreeing to take on all state costs of debris removal and emergency protective measures for a separate set of wildfires from August. California is experiencing the worst fire season in its recorded history, with over 4.1 million acres burned, 31 deaths and 9,200-plus structures damaged or destroyed so far.

Political fallout: A Republican state lawmaker earlier Friday slammed the initial decision to deny the funding. "This should have been a no brainer," Assemblyman Jim Patterson (R-Fresno) told reporters at a virtual press conference. "Something went wrong in the calculations of what FEMA did."

He said elected officials were working on the administration to reverse the decision. “Quite frankly, FEMA just blew it," he said. "The fact of the matter is that they are reconsidering now. There's a lot of effort from elected representatives and we think that there's a high probability that they will recognize the problem and will fix it."

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37701 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I can just imagine: "Oh, you mean there are Republicans in CA? Then we can send them money. How do we make sure it doesn't help any Democrats?"

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7541 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post