well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Seen in Tucson

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seen in Tucson
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Born to Run

I didn't realize they were quite so fast.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Wow!

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Speedy critters indeed. Who knew?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Javelinas have come near Bob's place by going up the Rillito and then up a large drain through culverts.
They are not friendly.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I don't usually expect any large wild animal to be friendly ... Big Grin

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
We had them in our yard all the time in Arizona, but I've never seen one full-out sprinting like in that clip.

Pretty impressive. I actually think they're pretty cool critters. They would come up into our back yard to laze around on our (cool) grass. When they had babies I had to keep the kids (as in, my babies Big Grin ) inside until I went out and whacked a spoon against a pan to get them to leave. They certainly didn't run like that. Sometimes they just looked at me like, "um, excuuuse me..." and just stayed where they were.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post