well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Hey Bernie, Why No Medical Records?

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/8203948397

13 February 2020, 09:18 AM
QuirtEvans
Hey Bernie, Why No Medical Records?
https://www.politico.com/news/...94a50002&nlid=630318
13 February 2020, 10:30 AM
jon-nyc
Probably because his life expectancy is less than the term of the office he’s running for.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

13 February 2020, 11:57 AM
CHAS
Sanders should disclose who his VP pick will be.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

13 February 2020, 12:25 PM
Piano*Dad
Money paragraph, to me.

quote:
...it shows how pervasive the Trump precedent is. Even politicians who stand against him on every issue, and who speak solemnly about the need to restore norms shattered during this presidency, are ready to follow trails he has blazed in taking flight from public accountability.

13 February 2020, 12:54 PM
QuirtEvans
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Money paragraph, to me.

quote:
...it shows how pervasive the Trump precedent is. Even politicians who stand against him on every issue, and who speak solemnly about the need to restore norms shattered during this presidency, are ready to follow trails he has blazed in taking flight from public accountability.

Yep. He's changed the rules of the game. Said differently, he's lowered the bar so low you can crawl over it, and other people are taking advantage, too.
13 February 2020, 01:18 PM
Piano*Dad
I think this is an inherent attribute of populist movements. And this attribute is fundamentally the same today as it was 80 years ago. Easily recognized in people as diverse as Huey Long and Adolph Hitler.

Populist "leaders" can get away with sh!t that traditional leaders cannot, and for a number of reasons.

A big reason is self-restraint. Populism is a calculated release of self-restraint. Release by the leader, who gains credibility by casting aside restraint in favor of boldness and "truth." And subsequent release by the led, who come to believe that self-restraint was simply a tool of the "establishment" to control them and not a genuine ethical virtue.
13 February 2020, 03:03 PM
jon-nyc
He must hate these photos of him flying first.

13 February 2020, 04:01 PM
Piano*Dad
Funny. I've never paid to move to 1st, but as I get older I'm increasingly tempted. And as airlines make the rest of the plane more cramped and uncomfortable. I suspect I'll start making the upgrade soon.

BTW, is that pic for real?
13 February 2020, 04:10 PM
jon-nyc
Yeah.

But in fairness if you’re a frequent flier who lives in Burlington you’re going to get upgraded a lot. They don’t sell out those seats. Not like NY-LAX or anything

I’ve started paying for premium economy on international flights and paying for first on domestic about half the time.

13 February 2020, 04:50 PM
LL
What one needs to remember is it is not the now, but for the next 4-5 years.

He will not have my vote, unless...

The earth laughs in flowers

13 February 2020, 10:38 PM
Daniel
Hitler fallacy. This thread is over. Neener
13 February 2020, 10:48 PM
Daniel
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jon-nyc:
He must hate these photos of him flying first.
[/QUOTE

A member of the US Senate should sit in couch?

Oy vey.
13 February 2020, 11:20 PM
jon-nyc
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
A member of the US Senate should sit in couch?

Oy vey.

It’s not that, it’s more the ‘equality for thee, not for me’ stance so evident in his behavior.