well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I have a job interview on Wed.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have a job interview on Wed.
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. Yesterday it didn't feel real but today I was able to take the office crap knowing that it is only temporary!! Big Grin

All will be revealed in August when I am about to start...first off, off load my work and go on a hiking vacation to Italy! Whoo hoo!

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Congrats! ThumbsUp

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I'm so happy for you!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Smiler

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of josh
posted Hide Post
Marvelous!!!

Posts: 2519 | Registered: 21 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of piqaboo
posted Hide Post
That's wonderful!

Congratulations!

OT's ball 'n chain

Posts: 2691 | Registered: 07 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Such wonderful news. Very happy for you- everything at the current gig gets easier knowing there's an end in sight.

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.

As I will not be resigning for about a month, there is a real possibility I will be layed off before then! Razzer

A girl can dream...

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I volunteered today as part of my employer's "DO GOOD" campaign...I had added my fav conservation group when we were acquired and today I worked in their office..We are able to use work hours, not time off, to do this once year.

This Org is in the same building where I will be working next month..their office is donated by a larger city planning group.

I entered and asked about the location and heard..."KERRI!" My neighbor works for the city planning group and is in the first office off the entry!...Smiler

I found the conservation office but the director, who I SO admire, was out..so we were tasked with filing jobs..

When the director arrived we greeted and she did a sort of wink...hmmm...She later said something like.."I heard..."...

Yeah...Word is out in my fair city but not at my employer...

But working today in the office and talking about collaborating with the orgs...had me feeling like I can so do this...I am even more excited now about this new job... Yes

While at my current job, I am hounding the legal dept for sending a contract with missing clauses..the vendor we are to contract with pointed it out..I have been working on this innovative work for MONTHS..with a trusted vendor...I am done with beating my forehead against my desktop...omg..

MillCityGrows.org

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
You mean when you entered, someone didn't call out 'Beelady'?

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
You mean when you entered, someone didn't call out 'Beelady'?

ROTFLMAO

MillCityGrows.org

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
More developments and I don't even start the job till August!

The woman I will be working for called to give me the 'change' news. She had warned me it was coming, I knew some of it beforehand, but not all of it...She had warned me before I accepted that my job scope may expand after I am on board.

The two founding directors are scaling back to exit at the end of the year and the woman who hired me will become the next director.

I am honored that she selected me for this position knowing this was coming as she told me they thought I had the experience to handle it.

So while I thought I would have a challenging role of subordinate importance, it could be that it grows into much more over time..YIKES!...

Wooo...I am IN! Yes

MillCityGrows.org

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!

This is going to be awesome.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post