well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I have a job interview on Wed.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have a job interview on Wed.
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
So it was today, Th?

No one better than you.

We'all give you hugs, either way...

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
News?????

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Went pretty well.

The director, who I know, took a full page of notes.

I asked a critical question of them and they looked at each other and said.."OMG, we don't know!" I am hoping that worked in my favor.... Smiler

What was most scary is that there were several applicants...there was one before me and one after..just going on age and appearance, we all are completely different...

So I have NO idea how I did..just sayin'

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Went pretty well.

The director, who I know, took a full page of notes.

I asked a critical question of them and they looked at each other and said.."OMG, we don't know!" I am hoping that worked in my favor.... Smiler

What was most scary is that there were several applicants...there was one before me and one after..just going on age and appearance, we all are completely different...

So I have NO idea how I did..just sayin'

Fingers and toes crossed for you!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
BL did they give you an idea of their timeline?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
No time was mentioned. Frowner

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
No time was mentioned.

Hmm, that's frustrating! There was about a week between your first interview and the second one, right? And next week includes a holiday... So you might not expect to hear back from them right away, maybe after the 4th?

Having said that, are you going to send them a thank you email or note? If you haven't, definitely do. Then a few day to 5 business days after that, if you haven't heard, get back in touch and ask if they can give you an idea of their time line??

Or, maybe don't wait that long actually.... The rest of the world probably doesn't move as slowly as academia...

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I received an email today asking me to return on Monday. She complemented me on my experience and wants to discuss her next steps in the hiring process.

I am not going to assume that I have an offer, but my hope is that she is holding out to make me an offer in person...

We shall see...On the outside I am Zen..

On the inside I am... happydance

MillCityGrows.org

"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Yay!

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
happydance P

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Great news.

I hope it is a solid offer and turns out to be everything you hoped.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
happydance

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed!

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10570 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the good wishes...

It worked!! happydance

Please refrain from commenting on it on FB. We are working out timing and it won't be till August. We have lots of things to work on around vacations etc.

MillCityGrows.org

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Bravo, BL!!

So happy for you.
And as an "older woman", moreover after such a tsunami of hardship in the last years!

Yet, as all who know you realize, "the harder you worked, the 'luckier' you got.."

(And your new employers just got extremely lucky too! Go, you!)

Group Hug

Flower

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post