well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I have a job interview on Wed.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have a job interview on Wed.
 Login/Join

"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
How well did it go?

--------------------------------
Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Haven't gone yet, 3pm. But she invited me in person instead of the phone interview and we are going to do the interview as a 'walk and talk'. Perfect.

Been running over a list of items and vocab I want to use. I have been brainwashed into using our big corporate speak..a habit now I have to break. Razzer

Thanks, all, for the moral support!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, this means it’s going on right now! Sending good vibes...

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9785 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Job interview went very well. Best one I have ever had. Got a tour of the new office space in the basement of an old mill building. Half office, half farm/crop staging area for the harvest. Dress code seems to be dirty jeans or yoga pants. Smiler Commute in the car = 9 minutes.

Then out for a walk and talk to the greenhouse where we were offered the first cucumber of the crop. Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
That sounds positive. ThumbsUp

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10558 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
it does indeed!

How did you feel about the job after the interview? Did it still sound like something you'd want to do?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37681 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
it does indeed!

How did you feel about the job after the interview? Did it still sound like something you'd want to do?

It is perfect, really. The more we talked the more I think I can help them build out their plan....I have done it before.

MillCityGrows.org

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great fit! I especially loved the dress code, short commute, and greenhouse ...those would appeal to me big time...

Here's hoping you get the job! ThumbsUp

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37681 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Terrific!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a mutual admiration society! Hope they make a great offer.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9785 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
And so much karma today ..some I cannot discuss.

In our 7am team meeting (online) my boss presented this article. Atlantic article on work peaks

Huh

I had texted her later to tell her I would be offline for an hour or so for an appointment...Her response was.."Job interview? Smiler" ROTFLMAO

And on the way home, at a stop light an elderly man at the corner waiting for the walk light was wearing the tshirt of the org I had just come from..heh..

There were others ...all day long...I have to think this could just be a thing. Smiler

MillCityGrows.org

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the stars are aligned.

I can really relate to resisting corporatespeak. Hate it. Just hate it. Trendy words to make yourself seem with it. Ugh.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13514 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
That’s great, Kerri. I’m really happy for you.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed that you get this

Posts: 9596 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Best of luck, Beelady, hope this works out for you. Smiler

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album