well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    As tax time approaches, a public service announcement

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

As tax time approaches, a public service announcement
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
I just saw this paragraph in the estimated tax form instructions and thought I'd pass it along.

quote:
No checks of $100 million or more accepted. The IRS can’t accept a single check (including a cashier’s check) for amounts of $100,000,000 ($100 million) or more. If you are sending $100 million or more by check, you will need to spread the payment over 2 or more checks with each check made out for an amount less than $100 million. This limit doesn’t apply to other methods of payment (such as electronic payments). Please consider a method of payment other than check if the amount of the payment is over $100 million.

Notice they even suggest a workaround - multiple checks.   I'm sure you'll find this very helpful.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Well, Doug will.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
But you can put multiple checks into one envelope, right?
Otherwise you have to pay for an extra first class stamp and that’s just unfair.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
The question is, what do they apply the same rule to my refund check? If so, as Ax says, I hope they put it in one envelope so I don’t have to make two trips to the bank.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post