well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Migraines

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Migraines
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Finally got some prescription medication. Rizatriptan. (OTC meds haven’t been working like they used to) Been having more trouble here lately - seem to be related to weather changes. Wondering if the altitude is also an issue. Have stopped drinking wine, and cut way back on chocolate (which also seem to be triggers). Took medication for the first time today, and it worked. Made me sleepy, lay down for a nap, and when I woke up, migraine was gone. Yay.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20410 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Glad you got some relief. Ow.

I used to get migraines; they were cyclical. Also triggered by barometric pressure (low pressure was painful) and blue cheese.

Hope yours stop, too!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9786 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry you’ve had one problems, migraines are no fun! I will look into that medicine, I’ve been wondering if I need a different one. I take eletriptan. (Brand name relax)

Today I had a blinding migraine first thing out of bed this morning, took eletriptan, naproxen and a heavy duty anti-nausea med (with a migraine like the one I had today, I need that last drug b/c otherwise I can’t keep the other meds down) and got back in bed with ice packs under my head and on my forehead. Somehow got myself to work for a 1pm meeting. The meeting was in a corner office with a beautiful corner window. The guy had the blinds up, he sat with his back to the window so I was facing him and the window. I could hardly make out the details of his face and I was blinded by the bright sky behind him for the entire meeting. It was like icepicks shoved repeatedly into my eye and out through the back of my head. It’s kind of a miracle I didn’t throw up in his lap.

Usually my migraines aren’t this bad, but I also don’t usually sit facing into such bright light on a migraine day either. I really should have asked him to let me sit somewhere else. Like maybe out in the hallway. suave

Sorry for the threadjack Jodi!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18312 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
My daughter has cycled through several meds, she's now using one of the once-a-month shots (Aimovig, I think). She says it helps, although it makes her feel like crap the day she gives herself the shot.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
My migraines have lessened in intensity as I've gotten older, but I had 2 last week...ugh.

I have an appointment coming up for my yearly physical, and I'll bring it up. I've just been using over-the-counter meds, and they keep me going, but it's not fun. Mostly I can sleep/doze them off in 4-6 hours once I get the chance.

They used to be horrible, so I know this isn't so bad...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post