well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What's your favorite WTF topic category?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite WTF topic category?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Personal lives, achievements etc

And love Fridays...I wonder why!

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
I'm trying to sound youthful. Is it working?

It's working for Doug. But then again you could say, "Did he say B-25??? BINGO! I HAVE BINGO!" and it would sound youthful to Doug.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Are we playing bingo? Deal me in!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18429 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I think I like the meta threads, like this one. Perhaps that should go under philosophical questions.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21337 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Parental brags are simply what people have been calling them. Though I could sign on with Bernard on this, too. And SK: ROTFLMAO

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
I take the parental brag threads as microaggression against those of us without children. I can't take it anymore. Can't we single, childless people have a safe space here? I feel threatened by all the gloating; if there's but one such thread on the main page I can't even concentrate on what I'm reading in the other threads. Enough already! Leave us peace!!

But consider, Bernard, that your keeping us abreast of your incredible achievements in countless crafts, decorating and music (sure I'm forgetting many) might make some of us feel inadequate.

I love reading about them, but I confess to feeling somewhat of a failure by comparison...

What a shame it would be for us all (and how personally frustrating, I'm sure) if you felt constrained by some concept of online "manners" not to share them with us. (PLEASE don't stop!)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
I love reading about them, but I confess to feeling somewhat of a failure by comparison...

Ah, but, creativity is not a zero-sum game, and I also don't believe in "more creative" or "less creative". The nice thing about creativity is there is no failure in it. It's always boundless.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10569 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Bernard, you always inspire me with each new endeavor. I may not wish to play cello in an orchestra, or raise birds, or weave, but watching you do it, I sit back and say to myself, "anything is possible!" Its a great feeling!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
You’re misinterpreting it. It’s meant as a full-on macroagression.

hysteric

WTF is on point today, between this thread and the LOLchicvulvas thread.

WTF is lit. Maybe even fleek.
I'm trying to sound youthful. Is it working?

hysteric

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I finally picked "human relations." Not because of relationship advice but just because I like the people here, and being part of this group. Smiler

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13810 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
I finally picked "human relations." Not because of relationship advice but just because I like the people here, and being part of this group. Smiler

I think that's my pick, too, and for the same reasons.

I have quite a few un-favorites, but not too hard to simply ignore them. Still plenty left to participate in!