well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Vaccine Date Booked
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine Date Booked
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
We’ve been waiting in line for four hours. At least it’s not raining. The clinic's web site says they take people on a first come first served basis. But people keep showing up with appointments. Apparently if you are in line when they close or run out of vaccine for the day, you get an appointment for another day.

We can see the front door now.

They also say they give appointments for the second shot.

What a grind.

Oh, it’s the Moderna one. I am taking Fauci’s advice. The best one to get is whichever you can get soonest.

Good luck!

Lots of places give you an appointment for the second shot when you get the first shot, since it's supposed to happen in a window after the first shot. For me, it was same Bat time, same Bat channel, exactly four weeks later.

Posts: 45718 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Did you bring any juggling gear with you so you could entertain people while you all waited?

My contribution:

juggle

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
PJ, wow, I'm so sorry, that sounds awful!

I wonder why they're doing it that way.

Both Mr. SK and I are getting our shots through CVS (I just had #2 Saturday, Mr SK has about three weeks left to wait for #2).

CVS schedules appointments and you are given a specific time to show up. Then you use their app, and you can "check in" at the store through the app. You can't check in until it's 15 minutes before your appointment.

When I got shot #1, I was in and in probably 30 minutes total. Shot #2 they were running behind and I think was there for a total of about 75 minutes.

Perhaps this is because fewer people here want the shot compared to where PJ is.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Got #2 five hours ago. We'll see. No problems so far.

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
#2 has hit me kinda hard. I got it Saturday, I got up Sunday morning and felt horrible, blinding headache and felt weak. So I got back in bed right away and stayed there till noon. Yesterday I didn't have a headache but just felt "off" all day. Then today I have had a headache all day long. Ugh.

It will go away (hopefully tomorrow!) and it's definitely worth it!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
I went to the Washington State Department of Health web page for finding a vaccine. Put in my ZIP code and had it give me everything in a 25 mile radius. Only two or three in my area -- the eastern suburbs. Several downtown area and west.

First one on the list is Walgreens.

I do not patronize Walgreens. Mrs pj suggested that for getting shots, maybe it would be okay since we are not giving them our money.

Went to the Walgreens web site. First they want you to create a MyWalgreens ID and give them a bunch of your personal information.

No. Fvcking. Way.

I was just reading an article over the weekend about what pharmacies are doing with all of your personal information you are giving to them.

No.

Just No.

Yup.

https://www.vox.com/recode/223...ite-aid-walmart-data

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
#2 has hit me kinda hard. I got it Saturday, I got up Sunday morning and felt horrible, blinding headache and felt weak. So I got back in bed right away and stayed there till noon. Yesterday I didn't have a headache but just felt "off" all day. Then today I have had a headache all day long. Ugh.

It will go away (hopefully tomorrow!) and it's definitely worth it!

Well, I'm with ya! I went to bed feeling fine, but didn't stay that way. Big Grin

First, I couldn't sleep. I felt as though I had just consumed had a nice cup of coffee. Then the "coming down with the flu" began. That's a very apt descriptor. Skin kind of crawly, as though you have that barest 99.1 fever. But you never develop the real thing, of course, ... fortunately. Got up this morning feeling very drained, and with a very sore left arm.

I made breakfast for the wife, got her off to work, and headed back to bed. Just got up, at 11:00. Still feeling drained, but not as bad. Some sleep seems to have helped a bit. No headache to speak of. I'll have a light lunch and go in to the office. I'd rather teach my class from there rather than from home.

Hope it's gone by tomorrow, but it is what it is.

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Did you bring any juggling gear with you so you could entertain people while you all waited?

My contribution:

juggle
Mrs pj suggested that... after we'd been in line for an hour.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30027 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
So, this is a chain of non-profit community clinics. They probably don't have budget to create a scheduling system, so, it's first-come first-served. A funny thing was that when we finally got in, they handed us "appointment" papers that were pretty close to the time we actually got in line (10:15).

Five hours standing in line and about an hour once we were inside to get the paperwork done, wait, move, wait, get shot, wait. But the actual shot was over in seconds.

I have had no noticeable side effects. DD is pretty wiped out. Mrs pj said her arm is very sore where she got shot.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Indiana recently opened up for non-residents... Gary is only 30-40 minutes away, so I'm booked for my second shot tomorrow.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7540 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
All my sympathy to everyone suffering severe side effects from their second shots.

I may be a rarity, but let me remind all of you living in dread that not everyone experiences this. I had absolutely no negative symptoms after my #2 Moderna. Yes, it's best in planning to be prepared for the worst, but do bear in mind that you may be fortunate like me.

I hope so!

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I am starting to feel a bit draggy. Maybe the shot. Or maybe not much sleep last night.

I was talking with an old friend today and mentioned having gotten shots yesterday. He said he and his wife (both in their 60s) were offered appointments for shots and turned them down because “that Tuskegee thing and high tech and big brother and stuff, y’know?” I just told him “I understand” and left it at that.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
"The happiest place on earth right now is the post-vaccine 15 minute waiting area."

Smiler

Smiler

Posts: 24602 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Two weeks today since my second Pfizer shot, AND it’s national burrito day.

Kinda makes Christmas seem like a second rate holiday doesn’t it?

Ha!

Congrats!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:
My dad was vaccinated a little over a week ago, and my mom goes Tuesday! Our health unit isn’t doing teachers yet, but I assume it will be soon since they just opened it to everyone 55 and over.

Ontario is back in lockdown for 28 days. Well kind of. Their lockdown restrictions are ridiculous (as in, it’s not really a lockdown), and people are so upset with the half-measures from BOTH sides. People who are taking the virus seriously think the measures don’t go far enough (schools are still open during lockdown, as are non-essential businesses). People who aren’t taking the virus seriously think the measures are draconian and think we should just be back to normal. Silver lining - maybe this stupid government will be voted out next election since everyone thinks they suck.

Good news! And, here's to hoping you'll be vaccinated soon.