well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Vaccine Date Booked
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine Date Booked
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Are you classified as 1B in SC? In Virginia, that's only "old people" (over 65) and people with underlying conditions. Teachers here are 1C, and it explicitly INCLUDES college faculty.

Teachers here are Phase 2. Professors are Phase 3, but the tribes are including us in Phase 2, which is how I got my shot yesterday.

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15496 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I guess the states use different language to describe phases. We have three sub-phases within phase 1. Not quite sure if there are any sub units within phase 2, or if that's "c'mon y'all."

How are you feeling today?

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Last night I went to bed a little early and today I feel great! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess the states use different language to describe phases. We have three sub-phases within phase 1. Not quite sure if there are any sub units within phase 2, or if that's "c'mon y'all."

Good! Thanks! My arm got sore immediately along the whole muscle that was injected, but never got worse or spread. The rest of me is just a little tired. It hasn't been bad at all.

If there are needle-phobes out there, it was the finest needle I've ever seen and I barely felt the injection. Don't be afraid!

I just went out for a short walk, figuring that strenuous exercise wouldn't be a good idea, but that a little something to promote good circulation might help the immune response.

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15496 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here, they only talk about Phase 1, Phase 2, and so on, but they're rolling it out as if there were sub-phases. So they'll say they're in Phase 2, but only taking people with pre-existing conditions over 65. (Or whatever. I'm not sure what statuses are in what phase.)

So we're in Phase 2, but everybody within Phase 2 is not able to register for the vaccination yet.

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
A quick report from a friend in Utah:

The state system says they are only in the phase that allows people over 65, and those with a restricted list of co-morbidities, to get the vaccination.

However ... the local hospital has supply. LOTS of supply. And a large number of appointments that are going untaken.

So, they are telling anyone who will listen, regardless of criteria, regardless of age, just sign up, and we'll vaccinate you.

Posts: 45718 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
So, after my shot will I be .... wait for it ...

post-moderna?

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
Here, they only talk about Phase 1, Phase 2, and so on, but they're rolling it out as if there were sub-phases. So they'll say they're in Phase 2, but only taking people with pre-existing conditions over 65. (Or whatever. I'm not sure what statuses are in what phase.)

So we're in Phase 2, but everybody within Phase 2 is not able to register for the vaccination yet.

They do that here, too. “Phase 1b’ isn’t a phase so much as a marketing slogan. The ‘everybody gets a trophy’ of vaccine prioritization.

The other other thing that’s really off-pissing is they don’t publish the real phases in advance. I get that they can’t know the timing because they don’t know supply or take up. But *they* know that (say) sick people are next followed by 50+ followed by hotel workers followed by whatever. But that list is a state secret.

And sometimes it seems like I’m the only one who notices this ****. Where the **** is the press?

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
And sometimes it seems like I’m the only one who notices this ****. Where the **** is the press?

Busily and breathlessly following the tale of who Cuomo offended, and exactly how and why ...

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:

post-moderna?

ROTFLMAO

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9785 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
First shot an hour and a half ago. So far ... well, nothing. My arm isn't even sore, .... yet.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
quote:

post-moderna?

ROTFLMAO

ROTFLMAO

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25656 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I think 'most everyone here is covered, but just in case I'll share this tip I found on another board.

quote:

Sharing a tip that is working here in Missouri if anyone is having a problem with getting an appt for vaccine with Walmart. The fight for vaccine in St Louis has become the “Hunger Games.” Might work with other Walmarts in other locations.

“Today I played around with setting my phone’s clock forward to midnight and getting on the Walmart site. I did this for many time zones starting with Auckland, NZ and heading west every few hours or so. I learned a lot about the weirdness that is time zone boundaries, and hit paydirt when I set my phone to Caracas, Venezuela’s time zone. Apparently Walmart loads its appointments (maybe not all) at 10 pm Central Time, but doesn’t recognize it until your phone says it’s midnight. So set your clocks to GMT -4 (Atlantic) and get to bed a little earlier.”

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sharon became eligible at midnight Sunday night. We set an alarm so she could sign up. Alas, no appointments were available.

But this morning she snagged a slot at a Walgreens! Today has been spent arranging rondesvous with grandchildren in a few weeks.

Yahoo! happydance

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Right now I am waiting for my MIL who is getting her second shot.

The check in lady is telling everyone to take a picture of their card with their phone so they can have it with them.

Makes sense.