well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Vaccine Date Booked
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine Date Booked
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Getting my second shot tomorrow, and I'm a little nervous about it.

Just don't flinch as the needle goes in ... Wink

Posts: 12511 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I got my first shot today, courtesy of the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde. They are sharing their vax clinic with anyone over 18. It’s about 1.5 hrs away, and it was a beautiful day for a drive. So grateful.

Moderna, second shot on 4/20.

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Had my J&J yesterday. Felt fine till about 1am and oooo boy. Taking a sick day today as I feel like I have been hit by a bus.

BUT....one and done!! Woot

Yahoo! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
I got my first shot today, courtesy of the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde. They are sharing their vax clinic with anyone over 18. It’s about 1.5 hrs away, and it was a beautiful day for a drive. So grateful.

Moderna, second shot on 4/20.

Yahoo! ThumbsUp

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Both Mary Anna and I get our second shots tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about side effects, but that won't stop me.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Relax, man.

Allow a day to sleep if necessary. Most guys I know didn’t have any problems and I didn’t either.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Relax, man.

Allow a day to sleep if necessary. Most guys I know didn’t have any problems and I didn’t either.

Thanks. Unfortunately, work is insane right now, and I cannot afford to have a bad couple of days.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I cannot afford to have a bad couple of days.

I know how you feel!!!

My second shot is April 3rd, which is a Sat. I had such a hard time the week after shot one, I really hope shot two isn't any worse!

Good luck, Quirt!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I’ve been predicting the first week of July for me because I think the provincial government won’t wait teachers taking sick days with side effects. Today they announced that teachers are likely to receive vaccines at “the end of phase 2”. Phase 2 is scheduled to go to the end of June. Roll Eyes

In better news, my dad (70) goes tomorrow. My mom is only 68 so has to wait for the next phase - likely a couple weeks.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4081 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So Quirt and MA, how are you feeling?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
We're about seven hours post-shot. My muscles are a little achy, and we both feel like we have a small fever. That's it so far.

I think that, if we're OK tomorrow morning, we'll count ourselves lucky.

Thank you for asking!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I've seen each of you logged on today, so I guess you're still with us.....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I think Mary Anna is mostly ok. I, on the other hand, seem to be in the unlucky 25% who get a flu-like reaction to the second shot. I woke up shivering at 2AM, and have had a fever on and off, muscle aches, and a bad headache ever since.

But that means the shot's working, right? So I can live through this.

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
I think Mary Anna is mostly ok. I, on the other hand, seem to be in the unlucky 25% who get a flu-like reaction to the second shot. I woke up shivering at 2AM, and have had a fever on and off, muscle aches, and a bad headache ever since.

Feel better soon! You're on your way to immunity!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:

Hope it goes away soon! ThumbsUp