well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Vaccine Date Booked
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine Date Booked
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
I suspect that's why I was able to get an appointment for Mr. SK, even though vaccine eligibility is opening up to all adults -- because a lot of people don't want to get them. Frowner

You can lead a horse to water...

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of one-on-one meetings with students every Tuesday, and yesterday was such a delight. One by one, they told me that they'd gotten their first injections. They talked about how relieved they were that parents and grandparents were getting theirs, as well.

Our university had a huge vaccination event last Friday, which is where some of them got their shots. Others went to one of the Chickasaw sites.

One told me that her parents drove down to Louisiana, where there were available appointments because of vaccine hesitancy and where rumor said that a not-yet-eligible spouse would be able to get a shot, because that hesitancy meant that there was a risk of vaccine going to waste. (The rumors were true and her mother got a shot.)

One said that she was so grateful, because she'd been working in a restaurant for the whole pandemic and had been scared for a year that she was going to catch COVID.

It was a great day.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was a great day.

ThumbsUp

My uni just started offering the vaccine to students (and any faculty who haven't already gotten it through other providers). So I had a student email me to ask if he could miss class today because he'd gotten an appointment, and it was at the time of our class but that was the only appt. he could get. The thing that got me though was the apologetic and sort of desperate tone of his email. But my reaction was, my god, that's just about the best reason to miss class I can think of!! And I teared up as I was writing back to him to say that of course it's ok that he'll miss class, in fact it's fantastic!!

I feel like for the next several months I'm probably going to be continuously on the verge of tears about all of this!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18517 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I had a student email me to ask if he could miss class today because he'd gotten an appointment, and it was at the time of our class but that was the only appt. he could get. The thing that got me though was the apologetic and sort of desperate tone of his email. But my reaction was, my god, that's just about the best reason to miss class I can think of!!

ThumbsUp

I've had at least four of those emails over the last two weeks!

Posts: 12538 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Four of our five combined kids are vaccinated; the last one is scheduled for next week. Two of their partners are still to be vaccinated.

No grandkids vaccinated, or eligible, yet.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I just got an e-mail from the state telling me that I am eligible.

Now we just have to find some place that has the shots and three appointments.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Two weeks today since my second Pfizer shot, AND it’s national burrito day.

Kinda makes Christmas seem like a second rate holiday doesn’t it?

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Good luck PJ!

Mr. SK got his first shot this evening, I am so relieved!!!

My second shot is Saturday, and then his second shot, plus two weeks, so six weeks out and maybe we can breath a little easier (but we'll still be breathing through our masks when out and about though!)

Posts: 18517 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
"The happiest place on earth right now is the post-vaccine 15 minute waiting area."

Smiler

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
My dad was vaccinated a little over a week ago, and my mom goes Tuesday! Our health unit isn’t doing teachers yet, but I assume it will be soon since they just opened it to everyone 55 and over.

Ontario is back in lockdown for 28 days. Well kind of. Their lockdown restrictions are ridiculous (as in, it’s not really a lockdown), and people are so upset with the half-measures from BOTH sides. People who are taking the virus seriously think the measures don’t go far enough (schools are still open during lockdown, as are non-essential businesses). People who aren’t taking the virus seriously think the measures are draconian and think we should just be back to normal. Silver lining - maybe this stupid government will be voted out next election since everyone thinks they suck.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I got shot #2 today! Yay!

Also, I feel a little off... Like I'm on the verge of a headache+dizzy spell Blink

Hopefully I'll be ok tomorrow....

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
49% of Republican men report that they will not get the vaccine.

90% of their wives and children report that these men don’t know what the hell they’re talking about and will do as they’re told.

Dead husbands support no children. The system is working. ThumbsUp

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I get the shot on Tuesday afternoon and am giving a guest talk on Wednesday (via Zoom, of course) for a friend who is teaching a grad class at Harvard's school of education. Hope those side effects are small. Big Grin

Posts: 12538 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I went to the Washington State Department of Health web page for finding a vaccine. Put in my ZIP code and had it give me everything in a 25 mile radius. Only two or three in my area -- the eastern suburbs. Several downtown area and west.

First one on the list is Walgreens.

I do not patronize Walgreens. Mrs pj suggested that for getting shots, maybe it would be okay since we are not giving them our money.

Went to the Walgreens web site. First they want you to create a MyWalgreens ID and give them a bunch of your personal information.

No. Fvcking. Way.

I was just reading an article over the weekend about what pharmacies are doing with all of your personal information you are giving to them.

No.

Just No.

There is a "vaccine partnership program" that has a site hosted by a local corporation. Mrs pj said when she looked a couple weeks ago, they are only vaccinating people who have limited access to healthcare.

There is a chain of community health clinics in the state. They do not make appointments, just walk-ins. We are going to try them tomorrow.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
We’ve been waiting in line for four hours. At least it’s not raining. The clinic's web site says they take people on a first come first served basis. But people keep showing up with appointments. Apparently if you are in line when they close or run out of vaccine for the day, you get an appointment for another day.

We can see the front door now.

They also say they give appointments for the second shot.

What a grind.

Oh, it’s the Moderna one. I am taking Fauci’s advice. The best one to get is whichever you can get soonest.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com