well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Vaccine Date Booked
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine Date Booked
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
I think Mary Anna is mostly ok. I, on the other hand, seem to be in the unlucky 25% who get a flu-like reaction to the second shot. I woke up shivering at 2AM, and have had a fever on and off, muscle aches, and a bad headache ever since.

But that means the shot's working, right? So I can live through this.

Feel better soon! You're on your way to immunity!

ThumbsUp

Posts: 12495 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Hang in there. You're almost there....

Comfort

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37742 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow is 2 weeks since my second Pfizer Woot

We are looking forward to a road trip.

Only problem is, cases and deaths have suddenly surged around the state all of a sudden. I wonder why?

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21301 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Tomorrow is 2 weeks since my second Pfizer Woot

We are looking forward to a road trip.

Only problem is, cases and deaths have suddenly surged around the state all of a sudden. I wonder why?

That's easy to explain. More infectious variants are beginning to predominate, and people are getting lazy about compliance.

Posts: 45723 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
We're having a spike on campus ... St. Patrick's day. The social norms we tried to inculcate over the past year melted away too quickly, with predictable results.

Posts: 12495 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I told my son that I had just enough side effects to know that they injected me with something more than sterile water and a microchip.

My whole upper arm is sore enough that it hurts to do much with it. I've had episodes of feeling really cold, although not the shivers that Quirt had. I've had episodes of rheumatic-like pain in the small joints of my hands and feet. And I've been more tired than usual. And that's about it.

I'm just so grateful to be vaccinated.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15505 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Our state is now vaccinating everyone over the age of 16. So why are people socializing and traveling without getting the vaccine? I'm a little bit worried that the surge in cases means the vaccine isn't working for everyone. Has anyone seen news to that effect? (I'm lazy about looking things up. That's why I have you guys Wink)

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21301 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
I told my son that I had just enough side effects to know that they injected me with something more than sterile water and a microchip.

Hah!

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Scheduled my first shot for Monday at 9:30

Second shot is scheduled for 4/26

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yahoo! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34825 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Mark and youngest daughter have a Wednesday appointment for shot # 1.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
My son got the J&J shot today. I was thinking it would be a while yet for him, but he went someplace and stood in the standby line for two hours, just like the time we saw Spamalot because he was willing to get up at the crack of dawn and go wait in the standby line for two days running.

He's probably spent a month of his life in line at Disney, so he's been training for this since he was a toddler. Oh, who am I kidding? Just before the pandemic hit, I waited with him and his family for a total of twelve hours just to ride the newest Star Wars ride. He's spent way more than a month of his life standing in lines at Disney.

So now Quirt and I are vaccinated, plus one Quirtlet, Quirt's mom, all three of my children, my daughter-in-law, Muffin's Sister's partner, and my brother-in-law. My sistergets hers tomorrow. When the other Quirtlet and her partner get their shots, that will be all of our immediate family, except the grandchildren. Oh, and my sister's sons, who should get theirs within the next week or two.

So many people to worry about....

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15505 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Our state is now vaccinating everyone over the age of 16. So why are people socializing and traveling without getting the vaccine? I'm a little bit worried that the surge in cases means the vaccine isn't working for everyone. Has anyone seen news to that effect? (I'm lazy about looking things up. That's why I have you guys Wink)

There's a lot of denial in the US about COVID-19. Like I said, I know people who are essentially pretending it isn't happening.

Posts: 24636 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Quirt & Mary Anna got their shots through the Chickasaw. Here's a story from the Osage, about vaccine hesitancy/politics in Oklahoma.

People Won't Take Them

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I suspect that's why I was able to get an appointment for Mr. SK, even though vaccine eligibility is opening up to all adults -- because a lot of people don't want to get them. Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18306 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post