well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Vaccine Date Booked

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/8073926597

23 March 2021, 12:26 PM
Piano*Dad
Vaccine Date Booked
quote:
Getting my second shot tomorrow, and I'm a little nervous about it.

Just don't flinch as the needle goes in ... Wink
23 March 2021, 09:47 PM
AdagioM
I got my first shot today, courtesy of the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde. They are sharing their vax clinic with anyone over 18. It’s about 1.5 hrs away, and it was a beautiful day for a drive. So grateful.

Moderna, second shot on 4/20.

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

23 March 2021, 10:06 PM
Steve Miller
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Had my J&J yesterday. Felt fine till about 1am and oooo boy. Taking a sick day today as I feel like I have been hit by a bus.

BUT....one and done!! Woot

Yahoo! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

23 March 2021, 10:09 PM
Steve Miller
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
I got my first shot today, courtesy of the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde. They are sharing their vax clinic with anyone over 18. It’s about 1.5 hrs away, and it was a beautiful day for a drive. So grateful.

Moderna, second shot on 4/20.

Yahoo! ThumbsUp

24 March 2021, 12:41 AM
QuirtEvans
Both Mary Anna and I get our second shots tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about side effects, but that won't stop me.
24 March 2021, 03:16 AM
Steve Miller
Relax, man.

Allow a day to sleep if necessary. Most guys I know didn’t have any problems and I didn’t either.

24 March 2021, 07:40 AM
QuirtEvans
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Relax, man.

Allow a day to sleep if necessary. Most guys I know didn’t have any problems and I didn’t either.

Thanks. Unfortunately, work is insane right now, and I cannot afford to have a bad couple of days.
24 March 2021, 10:17 AM
ShiroKuro
quote:
I cannot afford to have a bad couple of days.

I know how you feel!!!

My second shot is April 3rd, which is a Sat. I had such a hard time the week after shot one, I really hope shot two isn't any worse!

Good luck, Quirt!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

24 March 2021, 06:05 PM
dolmansaxlil
I’ve been predicting the first week of July for me because I think the provincial government won’t wait teachers taking sick days with side effects. Today they announced that teachers are likely to receive vaccines at “the end of phase 2”. Phase 2 is scheduled to go to the end of June. Roll Eyes

In better news, my dad (70) goes tomorrow. My mom is only 68 so has to wait for the next phase - likely a couple weeks.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

24 March 2021, 06:39 PM
wtg
So Quirt and MA, how are you feeling?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

24 March 2021, 08:47 PM
QuirtEvans
We're about seven hours post-shot. My muscles are a little achy, and we both feel like we have a small fever. That's it so far.

I think that, if we're OK tomorrow morning, we'll count ourselves lucky.

Thank you for asking!
25 March 2021, 06:34 PM
wtg
I've seen each of you logged on today, so I guess you're still with us.....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

25 March 2021, 06:46 PM
QuirtEvans
I think Mary Anna is mostly ok. I, on the other hand, seem to be in the unlucky 25% who get a flu-like reaction to the second shot. I woke up shivering at 2AM, and have had a fever on and off, muscle aches, and a bad headache ever since.

But that means the shot's working, right? So I can live through this.
25 March 2021, 08:06 PM
AdagioM
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
I think Mary Anna is mostly ok. I, on the other hand, seem to be in the unlucky 25% who get a flu-like reaction to the second shot. I woke up shivering at 2AM, and have had a fever on and off, muscle aches, and a bad headache ever since.

Feel better soon! You're on your way to immunity!

http://pdxknitterati.com

25 March 2021, 08:16 PM
Steve Miller
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:

Hope it goes away soon! ThumbsUp