well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Vaccine Date Booked
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine Date Booked
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Because *all* world famous cellists bring their cellos with them when they get vaccinated. (He didn't want to leave it in the car)

quote:
After Yo-Yo Ma received his second jab of a COVID-19 vaccine at Berkshire Community College Saturday, he transformed his 15-minute observation period into a concert for the newly inoculated.

The world-famous cellist and part-time Berkshires resident completed his vaccination course at the field house clinic, and he “wanted to give something back,” Richard Hall of the Berkshire COVID-19 Vaccine Collaborative told The Eagle.

Yo-Yo Ma took a seat along the wall of the observation area, masked and socially distanced away from the others.

He went on to pass 15 minutes in observation playing cello for an applauding audience, in what Hall called a “very special” concert that capped the day’s vaccination event.

https://youtu.be/4FC0-NRNvDM

https://www.berkshireeagle.com...e0-bb989805e596.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Smiler

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So definitely feeling a little "off" all day. Mild headache (I *never* get headaches), body aches and pains that come and go, mild fatigue, slight chills, lack of appetite, and upset stomach.

Nothing earth shattering by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm glad I can just crash and rest all day. Will probably go to bed early.

If this is the mini-version of actually having the virus, I can't imagine having a full-blown case that goes on for days/weeks.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Sorry you're not feeling too hot WTG, hopefully it resolves tomorrow!

Did I already write about this? Apologies if I did, but... After I got shot #1, I had three migraines in five days, but I seem to be past that now. I'm a little concerned about shot #2 since that one is said to be worse!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I snagged the first dose!

I was up late last night, not finding anything available (Walgreens) in northern Illinois and decided to search in southern IL... Carbondale had LOTS of open times today, but that's about 5 hours away.

I kept moving north and finally found a 9am open time about 2.5 hours away. Not much sleep, early morning road trip through a nasty rain and wind storm, but I'm home now! It was just lucky that Thursdays are my day that I don't schedule tunings...

I'll be making a repeat trip in about a month.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry you're feeling bad, wtg.

Group Hug

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
And also, Quirt and I have appointments for our second shot next week!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
WTG, I'm orry you're not feeling well. Hope it passes quickly!

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Good night's sleep and all cylinders are firing normally!

Thanks for the good wishes....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yahoo! ThumbsUp

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I got shot number two this morning.

I had some concerns that it triggered some autism-like symptoms, notably a high level of empathy impairment.

Then I remembered I was an ex banker…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yahoo! ThumbsUp

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then I remembered I was an ex banker…

ROTFLMAO

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Had my J&J yesterday. Felt fine till about 1am and oooo boy. Taking a sick day today as I feel like I have been hit by a bus.

BUT....one and done!! Woot

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Had my J&J yesterday. Felt fine till about 1am and oooo boy. Taking a sick day today as I feel like I have been hit by a bus.

BUT....one and done!! Woot

Good for you!

Getting my second shot tomorrow, and I'm a little nervous about it.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post