well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    DeSantis

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DeSantis
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Now that the disaster is in his back yard, he'll be happy to ask for federal aid.

https://www.theguardian.com/us...ne-ian-florida-sandy

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Just like Cruz was last winter. These guys have no shame.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Speaking of politicians with no shame …

Today I received an email purportedly from “Val Demming,” supposedly a Floridian Democrat runnings against Marco Rubio. It’s a very typical fund raising email telling the recipient about now HP they are doing with a recent poll and asking for campaign donation.

At other times, this would perfectly run if the mill. But Florida just got hammered by Hurricane Ian. And the email makes no mention of the the plight of the people of Florida who are suffering the aftermath of Hurricane Ian.

I was so disgusted that I wanted to reply and ask “what’s wrong with you.”

Then I read the email more carefully and realized that the email was actually sent by a “Team Schiff” operation (as in Rep. Adam Schiff.) using Val Demming’s name for fund raising for the Democratic Party in general. Then I felt like replying “why so tone deaf, you guys trying to tank Val Demming’s campaign”?

Anyway, I unsubscribed. (To their credit, I did receive a confirmation email right away that says they have processed my unsubscribe request.)

On a different personal note, I received an email reply from an old friend who relocated to Florida confirming that he evacuated ahead of the hurricane. So at least that’s one fewer thing to worry about.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
https://thehill.com/homenews/a...sh-for-ron-desantis/

"DeSantis’s 2013 opposition to federal funding for New York in the wake of Hurricane Sandy has come under scrutiny as he presses for federal assistance to aid Florida in its recovery from Ian."

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post