well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Treadmill on sale at Amazon (same as mine)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Treadmill on sale at Amazon (same as mine)
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
This model of treadmill is on sale right now:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...n_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

It's the same as what I bought last year (in January in fact), and it's selling for about $100 less than what I paid. Wow!

Mr. SK and I were looking at something online and noticed that the home gym he has is currently selling for twice what he paid for it. I was curious and checked my treadmill, but was surprised to see that it's actually selling for less right now. (Maybe there's a new model?)

Anyway, we never actually run on it, so I can't say how it would hold up to more intense use, but we both use it for walking, almost every day and I absolutely love it. So I thought I'd share here in case anyone is looking for something to walk on indoors in the winter.

Edited to add: the one I bought is the one that says:
Display Size: 5 Inches | Style: NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill

It's on sale for $550ish

There's another model, with a larger display screen, that's closer to $1000. I thought I should specify, since the two models are on the same page.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
What a great bargain especially with the cushioned deck! I never found a decent treadmill in the past (at Sears) for under $1000 and that was almost two decades ago.

I guess one would want to try the same model at a local fitness store before ordering. Wish I had more space. (I assume it somehow arrives preassembled - ?)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
That's the one i bought Mr Pique for Christmas. Have you been happy with yours, SK?

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
We have a bigger Nordic Track (I'm heavier than you are, SK, and I do run sometimes), and I've been happy with it, so far.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's the same as what I bought last year (in January in fact), and it's selling for about $100 less than what I paid. Wow!

There was a pandemic premium on exercise equipment around then. Too many people trying to outfit home gyms.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
That's the one i bought Mr Pique for Christmas. Have you been happy with yours, SK?

Yes, I love it!! As I said, we don't run on it. I think that's relevant because it's designed for running but since we're only walking, it takes less of a beating. Hopefully that will mean it lasts longer!

Does Mr. piqué plan to run or only walk?

Re price, Quirt, when I bought it, I found the sweet spot for timing that year, because a few days after I bought mine, the same models were selling for much more, and then of course a few days after that, they were sold out!

Anyway, I thought it was a great price when I bought, so now, even better!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post