well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Amazon has opened first multi-billion dollar medical center

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon has opened first multi-billion dollar medical center
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
I've been wondering when they'd develop a medical outreach staffed by Physicians Assistants and examining patients virtually by home visits.

They're gradually expanding into every possible
aspect of American life.

What's next? Visiting dentistry, Sex workers-o-mobiles? Mortuarial house calls?

No wonder Bezo's closest associates have been saying for a long time, he's abandoned hands on running of Amazon in favor of putting out his tentacles into every marketable angle of national life.

That's why he's hoarding what he sees as his greatest and most powerful treasure - Data mining.
That way + AI, he can predict what citizens want and will pay for. Perhaps people are no longer willing to leave their homes?

I think Bezos gained the market he did, by arranging for people to shop so efficiently from home (beginning incredibly with books, which the hoi polloi don't even reads anymore). He got us hooked by our own laziness.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2...zon-one-medical-deal

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Dunno. I like Amazon and appreciate how efficient they are.

If they can bring that efficiency to medical care (like simple, easy vaccinations at CVS stores) I’m going to be a customer.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34813 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
And I don’t care at all about data mining. What I worry about is the sudden realization that all of this expensive data about me has no value whatsoever. When they finally figure this out it’s likely to upend the internet business model.

Then what?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34813 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Dunno. I like Amazon and appreciate how efficient they are.

If they can bring that efficiency to medical care (like simple, easy vaccinations at CVS stores) I’m going to be a customer.

Agreed. Amazon is beating Walmart at their own game. They provide good prices (although you do have to look - some of the mom and pop storefronts there overcharge) and unbeatable customer service that you don't have to drive and stand in line for. The face of retail is changing, but the locally owned stores have struggled ever since malls and strip malls and superstores came in. I miss them, but they are mostly gone forever.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13518 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post