well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Anyone watching The Crown?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone watching The Crown?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Just watched the first episode, on the treadmill. I like it!

Just finished the full eight seasons of "Call the Midwife" (which FTR I really enjoyed, though by the end I was thoroughly sick of the magic of:
"There's the head! You clever, clever girl!!")

I liked that show a lot more than I thought I would.

Doc Martin (also 8 seasons) is a similar series. Have you seen it?

Only just hearing of it. Googling, I see it's listed as a British, medical COMEDY series, though. First two overlap, but comedy? Nothing against comedy but compared to drama, it doesn't lend itself to binge watching (which I seem to be into.)

Having read James Herriot's vet series two, maybe three times, though, I'm seriously considering going for that soon - the TV series, I guess.

I seem to remember hearing it was done at least twice as a TV series plus a movie (or even two movies??)

What an amazing man he was - a terrific writer and vet and all around human being!

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I've watched a couple of episodes of The Crown (never saw it before) over the past week just because my wife was watching it and I happened in. It's pretty good, and I'm not usually a fan of shows about the Royals.

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post