Find
Notify
Tools

Ohio
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Listening to Gov Mike DeWine. Sounds like he's really got things under control in a smart way.

Nice to hear he's got the Cleveland Clinic to help with data and modeling.

Some great governors stepping up to do what needs to be done.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37872 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
If one can control chaos, he's close. We're doing pretty well. I just reached out a a guy I know at a local health systems to see if they need any volunteer help in interfaces. I know the technologies they use very well.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
One of my neighbors summarizes each day's pressers into bullet points. It's great. From today's, here's Ohio's plan for facility buildout.

Governor Dewine and Dr. Acton had a call with the Cleveland Clinic about their Modeling and projections, slowing the process down buys the hospitals more time to get to where we need to be

o Within about 2 weeks it will kick in much harder and hospital admissions will be very high, possibly 10,000/day

o Peak now projected at mid-May

o Look to a 2 possibly 3 times buildout in hospital beds to manage the peak

o Divided the state into 8 regions. They are to have a plan to him by 8:00am tomorrow morning on how they will handle the peak.

o General Harris of the Ohio National Guard will oversee this buildup

o Two things we must do when hit in 2 weeks: Social distancing & Buildup our health care

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
This and other such efforts are really excellent.
I hope the overseers' master plan includes the virtual certainty of a second wave in the Fall/Winter. (What's happened below the equator).

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Great plan and very nice summary. Kudos to your neighbor.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37872 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
o Within about 2 weeks it will kick in much harder and hospital admissions will be very high, possibly 10,000/day
But I-1 just told Hannity that he didn't believe we need 30,000 or 40,000 more ventilators... any major hospital has two.

I'm sorry, but I cannot help feeling that under the current administration, we are, in a word, fvcked.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
He was talking about NY with the 30-40K number. That was what Cuomo threw out.