well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Alzheimer's and Gum Disease

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alzheimer's and Gum Disease
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
A couple years ago I finally gave in to my dental hygienist's please and bought a waterpick. Love it and hope it's not too late....

jf

--------------------------------
Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17679 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Great news!

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12691 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the electric toothbrush and good ol' flossing, myself. I, too, hope it's not too late.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I finally got smart about my gums some 15 or so years ago; there'd been some bleeding and recession. I got to a dentist whose assistant treated the gums (rather gruesome), and ever since I'm on a regimen of cleaning between my teeth with a peroxide/baking soda paste (homemade), plus antibacterial rinse. I'm supposed to do this daily, but I skip a day now and then. And there's the usual brushing and flossing.

When I go for office visits, they take a sample from my gums and examine it under a microscope, looking for harmful bacteria, and the bad ones seem to be gone.

There's still some recession but they say it's normal as you age. I'm so glad I got started before it was too late; I could have started losing teeth.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13813 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I'm a big fan of the electric toothbrush and good ol' flossing, myself.

Me too.

Plus I go for cleanings 3 times a year instead of 2. I was there 2 weeks ago and the hygienist said my gums looked great.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I'm a big fan of the electric toothbrush and good ol' flossing, myself.

Me too.

Plus I go for cleanings 3 times a year instead of 2. I was there 2 weeks ago and the hygienist said my gums looked great.

I do the three times a year thing, too. My dentist would be deliriously happy if it were four, but she's OK with three.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post