well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What fresh hell is this?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What fresh hell is this?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’ve been having trouble finding good tradespeople as well.

The guy I have putting in the bathroom in the basement is terrible and I doubt he’ll ever finish.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I’ve been having trouble finding good tradespeople as well.

The guy I have putting in the bathroom in the basement is terrible and I doubt he’ll ever finish.

That must be killing you to watch…

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I just got one of these. The extra spring loaded handle makes a huge difference!

Snow Joe back saving snow shovel

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
What a great idea! We have one of those big ones that you just push, which works great too, if you only have a few inches. No lifting at all. Called a snow sleigh. I use it all the time. You just push it off into the yard, I end up making snow ramps I can just push it up and over.

https://www.acehardware.com/de...ALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:

ROTFLMAO

Perfect! We're having a subzero arctic blizzard here. I was in the barn so long this afternoon trying to get everything safe and set up for the HoPos, my tits actually froze.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21346 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I bought wine, gin, canned tomatoes, dog food and guinea pig supplies. Bring it on!

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Down south, that would be a hurricane party.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Pique!! Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
We are having an ice storm here tonight and tomorrow. Especially after what happened last year in Texas, my Southern wife is not amused.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's here! happydance

Ready to go today?

Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Just in time. You should be getting up to a foot this week. Down here everything is coated with ice. Treacherous, but beautiful when the sun comes out.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
It's here! happydance

Ready to go today?

Big Grin

You bet!

There seems to be a competition among the neighbors as to who can clear their drive the earliest and with the nicest edges. The guy across the street and one house down is the current front runner - drive cleared by 8 AM and the edges are crisp. Not only that but he uses a shovel.

I’m going to have to step up my game. Cool

OTOH, my neighbor next door shoveled for about 10 minutes, then said to hell with it. He threw his shovel in the garage and went back inside. They usually use a plow service - I wonder if they got bumped on the schedule or something.

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just got one of these. The extra spring loaded handle makes a huge difference!

Snow Joe back saving snow shovel

Wow - a snow gizmo I haven't tried. We generally shovel our really long driveway...we only bust out the snowblower if it's like 6" or more.... so I might have to invest in one of these!!!

We use one of these, which seems like it may be a similar concept as far as using leverage to flip the snow. It's really big and a pain to store though. Yours looks intriguing!!!!

https://wovel.com/

Posts: 4402 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post