well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What fresh hell is this?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What fresh hell is this?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

Haha Snort Ha lol

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Heated outside mirrors FTW.

Which snow blower did you go with?

Airens S18

When I lived in Massachusetts, I had a two-stage Ariens. I was quite happy with it.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Two mornings in a row we're waking up to a winter wonderland. Just enough to look pretty. Not enough to haul out the snow thrower. Of course it doesn't hurt that we're retired and don't have to drive in it....

How do things look where you live?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It snowed all day yesterday and it's supposed to snow all day today. I have no reason to go out and I think I'll just stay inside.

My neighbor cleared my driveway and sidewalk again. When my new snowblower gets here I'll have to return the favor.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Anyone looked at the electric snowblowers?
They don't have the problems gas engines that are inactive half the year have.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I considered getting one.

The battery ones don't get good reviews if you have much more than a few inches of powder. The ones with cord sound like they work very well but everyone says the cord is a hassle.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
The cord is a hassle. We have a very small area, so we can make it work. I want an electric one.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My neighbor has had an EGO battery model for a couple of years. He loves it but the last few years we really haven't had any major or really heavy snows that would challenge it.

We used to have a two-stage behemoth but that was overkill for most of our snow events. Just for fun I used to do most of the sidewalks in the neighborhood. Also driveway aprons where the heavy salted snow piled up when the city plows went through. We sold it on craigslist when it got to be old and went back to a small gas powered Toro. But we haven't even really used that very much. At least the engine on the Toro is a gas only rather than gas/oil mix. A little less fussy.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
What I really want is this thing back. (Just not all the snow that went with it. Big Grin )

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
What I really want is this thing back. (Just not all the snow that went with it. Big Grin )

We desperately need that thing at our place. Until we know how much longer we are on this hill, not buying one.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21347 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Steve, is it a temporary arrangement that your truck needs to be parked in the driveway? Or does it not fit into your garage? I can't imagine having to de-snow/ice that if I needed to go somewhere. Just having to shovel the driveway is bad enough!

Also around here, you have to clear the snow off your car. It's illegal to drive around with a snowpack on it, because it will eventually fly off and whack another driver's car while you're whipping down the freeway or whatever. I only bring it up because that's something I had never, ever heard of and I would have definitely been one of those people who thought, "I'll just let the wind blow the snow off the car as I drive...." Crazy

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I used a battery snowblower for a couple of seasons for a driveway that looked a bit longer than Steve's. The batteries would just barely last through doing the whole thing, unless the snow was very light.

Not a problem for me, because it is a midwestern rule for retired guys to take lots of breaks...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve, is it a temporary arrangement that your truck needs to be parked in the driveway? Or does it not fit into your garage? I can't imagine having to de-snow/ice that if I needed to go somewhere.

By all means, de-ice a heavily iced windshield by turning on your defroster. The temperature imbalance definitely won't crack your windshield the way it did mine.

I have, however, been known to stand outside with an electric hair dryer and an extension cord ...

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I had a large push broom dedicated for car/snow clean off... Pretty easy to push/pull from the side to clean off the whole car pretty quickly.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
The wonderful thing about being out of the workforce is we don't have to go anywhere. It'll melt in a couple days.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post