well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Just wait...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just wait...
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted
If the US manages to get through this better than Italy, one of the first things heard from Faux news and the rest will be a variation on: "See, this wasn't so bad, we didn't really need to overreact and avoid getting together, hurting so many businesses along the way." Curse

What do you think? I'm already hearing some rumblings from the parallel universe that all of the 'extreme' measures might be more damaging to people than just letting COVID19 run its course...

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
If nothing else we need to learn how to handle this. The next pandemic might not be as benign.

But your fantasy of what will be said is absurd. Everyone I know thinks the steps are not too extreme. Inconvenient, yes.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yea, you (ron) probably saw my post about Nunes. I can't believe him.

I know folks who were already there with "the media is hyping this, it's not a big deal". They get their news from Fox. I was like, what??? You think the media hype is why China and Italy have closed down their countries? I sent them an article from a Hopkins public health doctor and pleaded with them to read it. They are both in their 70s, have diabetes, and are recovering cancer patients. Plus he just came off major shoulder surgery recently.

They're totally on board now, though. Once Dear Leader started making his moves.

Fauci said that we should go overboard and assume the worst, and look back and think "maybe we didn't need to do all that". And that that will be the sign that we did it right.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37875 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I know thinks the steps are not too extreme. Inconvenient, yes.

I know several people who think this is just another flu and refuse to believe anything else.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34922 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
From 12 hours ago. Trump tweeted about possibly pardoning Michael Flynn, and these two replies popped up:

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37875 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I know thinks the steps are not too extreme. Inconvenient, yes.

I know several people who think this is just another flu and refuse to believe anything else.
The people I know of that think that are just Facebook idiots.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
From 12 hours ago. Trump tweeted about possibly pardoning Michael Flynn, and these two replies popped up:

Trump should not be tweeting about anything right now, much less sending his time on Flynn pardons.