well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Some people are better at leaving the rat race than others

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some people are better at leaving the rat race than others
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
https://www.ft.com/content/d7a...e9-9d01-cd4d49afbbe3

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Hey maybe I could have an exotic life delivering wealthy people's grand pianos. Seems analogous. Big Grin

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13763 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Have done a couple of deliveries.
A friend was the captain licensed to do the work.
I was a deckhand.
One was a 40 foot sailboat from Mobile to Charlotte Harbor in Florida. A mix of bad storms, great food, and the parts of Florida I like.
Another was a 55 foot power boat from Mobile to Kentucky Lake. That was a luxury cruise for me.
A local friend once was crew for a delivery from Hawaii to San Francisco. That is a route to windward. Bashing into wind and waves for days
. He did not know what he had been talked into. Wealthy owners prefer to have there boats taken on long windward passages by delivery crews.
Now he will not get on a boat anywhere for anything.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25656 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
My uncle spent his summers during his college years delivering luxury motor homes from the midwest to their new owners, mostly on the coasts.

The pay wasn’t bad, he could sleep when he wanted to and he got to see a lot of the country.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post