well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Coronado

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coronado
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Just got back from three days in Coronado, an island/town of the coast of San Diego.

The reason we went is that Greg and Tori took a little vacation there and once we passed our covid test we got to go there and play with grandson Rory for the first time since February.

He's certainly grown. Big moose of a kid with streak of stubborn determination in him. He hasn't been able to go outside much because of both Covid and the heat in Scottsdale and he made the most of the opportunity to run. A lot.

Here he is with Dad:

Grandma:

Three of us. Coronado bridge in the background:

Short video - running. There are dozens of these if any is interested. He's faster on grass.

Taken from the bridge. It's good to see the sailboats social distancing.

I don't know where all of the cruise ships are mothballed, but two of them are anchored off Coronado Island. The black spots in the foreground are pelicans fishing for their breakfast. I spent a long time just watching them dive:

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Nice! Great you can get three generations of family together!

Last time I visited Coronado was over a decade ago. Nice place.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12675 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great grand visit!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9785 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Glad you got to see the grandkid.
Thanks for the pictures.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25656 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Lovely!!

Also, your "little one" is getting quite big isn't he! How old is he now?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Lovely! What a great gathering! Everyone looks so happy!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Lovely!!

Also, your "little one" is getting quite big isn't he! How old is he now?

36. Smiler

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post