well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Trans Siberian Orchestra

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trans Siberian Orchestra
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
We saw their Christmas show last night and - wow! What a show!

It was in the basketball arena and the house was packed. Even so, the sound was amazing! They were even able to control echo at will - not easy to do in a basketball arena.

The pyrotechnics were spectacular! I could feel the heat from the stage even though we were some 3/4 of the way back and half way up. The light show was unlike any I’ve ever seen as well.

Maybe the best was the singing. How is it the Voice can audition 80K people and the best they can come up with is Scotty McCreary? Out of a dozen singers there was’t one who I wouldn’t want to hear more of. Never mind Cats - THIS is a show.

Half Christmas show, half updates to classical faves. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Have you seen it?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34970 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Cool! I’ve never seen them live but always heard how fun they are.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Sue and I have seen them twice, both times 5+ years ago. Great shows, and love their music.

Glad to know their performances are still going strong after Paul O'Neill's death in 2017.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post