well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Jalapeño Hands

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jalapeño Hands
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Jalapeño Hands

I post this because ... well ... the fingers of my right hand are ... on fire. I manually deseeded two freakin' jalapeños. I've tried the hot water scrub + olive oil. We'll see Big Grin

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Eeker

Also, that article you linked to was cute, I'm impressed that the author could be so cute about what was obviously incredibly painful!!

I hope you feel better soon!!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Three hot water / olive oil scrubs have reduced the pain from an 8 to a 2, so I'm relieved.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Don't rub your eyes.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I put lots of eyedrops in during the day. You bet I was very careful!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I always wear procedure gloves for that task.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Never had it get me this badly in the past. I will be more careful in the future.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
How are you feeling today??

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Fine. It dissipated pretty quickly once I attacked it aggressively.

But I was really surprised after dinner when my thumb and two fingers of the right hand suddenly started feeling like they were roasting on an open fire! I knew I had worked with the jalapeños, but I couldn't imagine that cutting the ends off and slicing them in half was such a problem. Then I remembered that I had pulled the seeds and pith out by hand, with those particular fingers. Realization dawned!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I had "poblano hands" once. I never think of poblanos as being particularly hot, but this particular pepper was like rocket fuel.

Touched a couple of areas on my face before I realized I had capsaicin on my hands. Youchers.

You have my sympathies.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post