well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Online deals
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Online deals
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
AdagioM, I'm a cheapo, and I decided I wanted truly wireless, so I got these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like them a lot so far!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18302 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
It’s great for that, but what it’s best at is making tough cuts of meat tender without making them stringy like pot roast. It’s also great for cooking steaks/chops to the desired degree of doneness without any chance of overcooking. Perfect for really thick pork chops and pork roasts.

Check the YouTube channel “Sous Vide Everything”. Those guys are really entertaining and their techniques always work.

That's great to hear.

I love pork chops and roasts but long ago gave up trying to cook them at home. They always came out tough and dry. Well, except for pork tenderloin, which is easy to cook.

Thanks for the Sous Vide Everything tip; I will check it out.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37701 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
AdagioM, I'm a cheapo, and I decided I wanted truly wireless, so I got these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like them a lot so far!

I’m usually a cheapo, too, but I felt like I had put up with a lot this year, and wanted to treat myself! Mr. AM has Apple Air Pod Pros, and he loves them. I didn’t want to spend that much, and things don’t want to stay in my ears very well. So the ones I have are on that thing that sits around my neck, and I can pop them in/out as needed. And they’re cheaper than Air Pod Pros and Bose!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9785 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Speaking of at Costco, I set foot inside mine for first time in 7 months. When you do the same, get these. You will thank me. Or perhaps hate me. Crispy little disks of heaven.

They're $3 off a bag starting 10/28.

Not sure if that's good news or bad..... Yummy

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37701 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
OMG I must have more.

Steve speaks sooth on sous vide. I have one and don't use it often, but it is outstanding for long cooking tough cuts. I had beef ribs cooked that way once that were just melt in your mouth tender.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13518 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The sous vide gizmo arrived and I did end up using it to heat up the store bought prime rib. I figured it was a good way to become familiar with the basic operation.

Not sure what to try for my first real "cook". The beef ribs sound intriguing.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
These headlamps are really handy when you need light and don't want to hang onto a flashlight. They're five bucks off starting 10/28.

https://www.costco.com/duracel...oduct.100681259.html

Bazootiehead-in-training