well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Online deals
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Online deals
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Don't know if anyone is interested in sous vide, but Costco has a pretty good bundle. "Hot Buy", while supplies last.

https://www.costco.com/anova-s...oduct.100671168.html

Anybody find any screaming deals we can't live without???

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37770 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Instant Pot imitator for cheap at Best Buy.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/i...campID=0&mpid=159047

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37770 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
If you're an Amazon Prime member, you can sign up for a whole bunch of different channels through Prime Video for 99 cents a month for two months, then they go to regular price.

Showtime, Starz, PBS Masterpiece...more...

Great way to catch up on movies cheaply over the next couple of months! Just cancel the trial subscription before it goes to full price...

Bazootiehead-in-training

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Don't know if anyone is interested in sous vide, but Costco has a pretty good bundle. "Hot Buy", while supplies last.

Product not found. Damn

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markj:
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

Product not found. Damn

Weird. It comes up in the search results for "sous vide", but when you click on it, there's the "product not found" message.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
If you ever wanted a huge 10'x10' blanket...

https://bigblanket.com/

Prime Day $30 off the original stretch blanket.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Didn't spend a penny on either prime days. Wasn't even tempted. I will be buying a new iPhone though as mine hasn't worked right in months - and I've waited for the new release.

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ooh, new iPhone! Which model are you getting? The new-new one??

I ordered a few things during Amazon prime day (new jeans!) including some wireless headphones, hopefully they will work well (for music and phone calls).

I also got Mr. SK a "lumbar pillow" (I think that's what it's called) but that may end up being returned...

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18320 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I bought a new mouse and some Lipton Onion Mushroom soup ix for meat loaf. But got $20 off for Prime Day.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13524 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I saw a thing on my news feed that said Costco had huge trays of assorted baklava for $10.

I was at Costco yesterday.

I "forgot" to get one.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30029 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Ooh, new iPhone! Which model are you getting? The new-new one??

I ordered a few things during Amazon prime day (new jeans!) including some wireless headphones, hopefully they will work well (for music and phone calls).

I also got Mr. SK a "lumbar pillow" (I think that's what it's called) but that may end up being returned...

Ooh, which headphones did you get? I wanted noise canceling, in-ear, so I bought Wirecutter’s recommended ones. And I had $10 prime day from Whole Foods on top of the 20% discounted price.

These are the ones I bought

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9787 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Speaking of at Costco, I set foot inside mine for first time in 7 months. When you do the same, get these. You will thank me. Or perhaps hate me. Crispy little disks of heaven.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13524 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So my sous vide kit arrived from Costco today. I swore I wasn't going to buy any more kitchen gadgets because I just end up getting rid of them. But people who do sous vide say it's a great way to cook.

Now what the hell do I do?

Confused

Guess I need to find recipes and see if anything strikes my fancy. If not, back it goes to Costco....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I bought a couple of slices of prepared prime rib at my local grocery store. It's not exactly restaurant quality, but it's not bad.

I don't feel like figuring it out right now because the dinner hour is upon me, but it occurs to me that heating that prime rib in the sous vide bucket would be the perfect way to get it to eating temp without cooking it any further.

hmmm......

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It’s great for that, but what it’s best at is making tough cuts of meat tender without making them stringy like pot roast. It’s also great for cooking steaks/chops to the desired degree of doneness without any chance of overcooking. Perfect for really thick pork chops and pork roasts.

Check the YouTube channel “Sous Vide Everything”. Those guys are really entertaining and their techniques always work.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34838 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post