well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What are you watching?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you watching?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Because I’m sitting here on my @ss in the recliner felling sorry for myself surfing through YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and ParamountPlus.

I am watching Sandman - which I didn’t like at first, then liked, now find it a little too disturbing.

I watched Lockwood $ Co (think it was a YA series) and really liked it. I tend to like things that are not real. An escape, sort of. Truth be told, I can barely get through 1923. I am so not into cliffhangers, or depressing real life - Probably because I’ve lived through not so happy stuff recently.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it, but pj's post in the word association thread had me chase down the British show QI (and I thought he was admitting he is Q - facepalm ).

I want to see it and am thinking about subscribing to Britbox for a month or two and bingeing QI.

https://www.britbox.com/us/sea...QI_Season_Q_m00085dx

Britbox has a deal going for $1.99 per month for two months...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I watched Bridgerton, which is really good for fluff IMO...

What else....

Some of the other things I've watched are maybe too intense, like Sound of Metal (Amazon Prime I think)...

What about some of the "oldies" like Mozart in the Jungle (Which I never finished).

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
The other program I’ve really been liking is on YouTube - it’s like the British baking show, but it’s artists doing portraits. Called Portrait Artist of the year.

Smiler Jodi

Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Wednesday is good and mindless.
Enjoying Tulsa King, The Way Home, The Warrior Nun, Poker Face, Ghosts (we're doing that on HBO, which is the Brit version), Resident Alien, and Strange New Worlds.

Sue's binging through Madam Secretary.

All have various levels of believability, but the actors and stories are good enough that we continue.

My daughter is pushing us to watch The Last of Us, which I've started but don't know if I'll continue. Has Pedro Pascal in it though, and I do like his work.

Sorry you guys are feeling poorly. Hope you can find good binges to watch while you recover.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Try "Cunk on Earth," which is a comedy sort of along the same lines as The Daily Show, where people ask idiotic questions of real-life experts.

In this case the series is on Western Civilization. It was just on the edge of too many (planned) cringe-worthy moments for me, but at the same time it definitely had many legit laugh out loud moments. I think it's netflix.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
The other program I’ve really been liking is on YouTube - it’s like the British baking show, but it’s artists doing portraits. Called Portrait Artist of the year.

You may also enjoy The Great Pottery Throwdown!

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I tried Cunk on Earth, and couldn’t cope with it! Kept fast forwarding through the cringy bits. I’d forgotten about the pottery throw down - will look it up!

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Depends on what services you have.

On Amazon Prime, try The Outlaws.

On Peacock, We Are Ladyparts was great, and I enjoyed Yellowstone.

On Hulu, Reboot was great. Disappointing that there won't be a season 2.

If you liked Lockwood & Co, you'd probably like Locke & Key on Netflix.

And there's a new series on Apple TV that's terrific ... Shrinking.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Shrinking is the best thing on TV for years and years. The writing is original, fearless and hilarious.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Agreed. Shrinking is the best thing on TV for years and years. The writing is original, fearless and hilarious.

We watched the first episode and while we both agreed that it was excellent it was so incredibly sad that we didn’t continue. Does it get less sad?

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I recommend you continue.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ditto. The actors, the writing, the direction … all brilliant.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
If you want good writing, the Law and Order series is hard to beat. New shows and decades of reruns.

I check some of the new network original content stuff and it just doesn’t compare.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
quote:

Ditto. The actors, the writing, the direction … all brilliant.

Does it get less sad? I’m not arguing about actors writing and direction - we know that. But right now sad isn’t going to work for us.