well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    NH primary
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NH primary
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Horace:
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Also in 2016 there was a lot of preference falsification due to the perceived stigma of being a trump voter. He outperformed his polls.

Interesting choice of words. Why "perceived stigma" and not just "stigma"?

Do you think it’s a stigma?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Of course you and everybody else here knows that Trump support has been intentionally, relentlessly stigmatized.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Those who would falsify their preferences would perceive a stigma. Many Trump voters don’t.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
You would be hard pressed to find people who don’t realize the existence of the stigma within our broader culture.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course you and everybody else here knows that Trump support has been intentionally, relentlessly stigmatized.

Depends on where you are, right? Travel around and you will find that in many places not being a Trump supporter is a stigma even worse than being from California.

In fact, I think there are any number of people who outwardly support Trump to keep peace in their families, churches and social circles are going to Dem when it comes right down to it. I feel it especially strongly about women voters, especially those with kids.

I have faith in Americans like that.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Seems like it would depend on your milieu.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:

Depends on where you are, right?

Travel around and you will find it not being a Trump supporter is a stigma even worse than being from California.

I do wonder why you think you know that. I would be surprised if it had anything to do with your own personal experience. But please do tell, if so.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Pistol range in NW Ohio. Graduation party in Scottsdale. Bar in Gardnerville, AL.

Never Offline
posted Hide Post
I would be interested to hear in more detail what happened to you in those places for your sin of not being a Trump supporter.