well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    NH primary
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NH primary
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
DIXVILLE NOTCH, N.H. (Reuters) - As they have for six decades, the residents of the mountain hamlet of Dixville Notch cast the first ballots in the New Hampshire primary just after midnight on Tuesday, picking former New York City Michael Bloomberg as their choice for Democratic nominee.

The ritual gives a candidate brief bragging rights, as state law doesn't require polls to even open until 11 a.m. ET (1600 GMT). But the results from Dixville - just 5 ballots this year - is a tiny number in the context of the full state Democratic primary, which drew almost 250,000 voters in 2016.

The traditional gathering in the northern White Mountains near the Canadian border does have a decent track record, having predicted the winner of two-thirds of the contested major-party primaries over its history.

He won both the Democratic and Republic primaries in Dixville Notch as a write-in...

https://news.google.com/articl...S&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
He’s a uniter! :lol:

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
If he starts getting real traction in number, the knives will come out.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Interesting to see Klobuchar rising in the ranks. I’ll give her a look.

Also interesting that the good people of New Hampshire are not the least bit interested Mayor Bloomberg. I have a love/hate thing going with that guy and I think he will be most useful if he keeps his promise to support whoever the Democratic nominee turns out to be.

My mail in ballot is on my desk. I am still not sure how I’m going to vote, and I’m not even sure what I’m waiting for but there is some time and I’m going to take it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
He’s not even on the ballot, Steve. He won Dixviile Notch by write in.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Hard to see where Warren goes from here. Biden could revive his campaign in SC. What’s she got?

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
She is done. The question is, where do her voters go.

Right now, Klobuchar + Buttigieg + Biden in the middle are dominating Sanders in total votes, but first past the post means Sanders can credibly claim to have won.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
My eldest tells me he is a precinct captain for Pete in the upcoming Nevada caucus.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
By the way, insofar as Bloomberg has even a theoretical path to the nomination, it involves Sanders being strong, Biden being weak, and no clear winner among the moderates. It does seem to be unfolding favorably for him, at least so far.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Will he survive the Stop & Frisk revelations? Does he have the Trumpian teflon?

I had a good chat with my former editor of the Kenyon Collegian last Thursday. He tells me he is still very much involved with Bloomberg, and can pass along ideas for higher education reform. The Bloomberg campaign doesn't yet have a fixed position on many higher education issues. Could be fun.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I still don't think he has a decent shot, but insofar as he ever could have one, it iss the path I described. I think you could say the first two cards of his inside straight have been dealt.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
He’s not even on the ballot, Steve. He won Dixviile Notch by write in.

I get that, but the rest of the state doesn’t seem real interested.

Unless they are not able to write in. Are they?

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
DecisionDeskHQ just projected Sanders.

WHo? You might ask?

Nate Silver said their results were faster than the other outlets reporting.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Nate Silver is dead to me. I lay the current situation squarely on his shoulders. He needs to sit down, shut up, and fade away.

The lefty boards I read, which include a number of woke black people, have exactly no time for Sanders.

I view this as positive.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
So what if Steyer, Yang, and Bloomberg got behind Klobuchar and donated $20 Billion? Spit in the ocean to those guys, priceless to the country. Would definitely stimulate
the economy.

Fun to consider, not gonna happen.