well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    NH primary
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NH primary
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Nate, despite Steve’s disdain, now is acknowledging a rising chance of a contested convention. He’s putting it at 33%. I think it might be higher, particularly if Biden fades away quickly.

Delegates from last night, which is what matters: Bernie 9, Pete 9, Amy 6. If the convention looks like that overall, it’ll get very interesting.

Side note: there appears to be a reasonably high correlation between pundits I think are smart and worth listening to and those Steve thinks are worthless and should go away,

Posts: 45723 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Oh, and based on recent statements, I wouldn’t be shocked if, when Warren drops out, she throws her support to Klobuchar. (Whose speech last night was great and worth listening to. “I’m Amy Klobuchar, and I’m going to beat Donald Trump!”)

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
That would be the first thing she ever did as a candidate that I would have respect for. Lol

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
She's made a number of positive comments about Amy recently, including a "girl power" kind of remark last night.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
That would be the first thing she ever did as a candidate that I would have respect for. Lol

ROTFLMAO

Posts: 12495 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
It's dangerous to overinterpret 2 caucus/primary results, but it seems like things are shaking out pretty much as expected: a clear distinction between left-ish candidates (where Sanders has prevailed over Warren) and more "centrist" candidates (where Klobuchar and Buttigieg are the last 2 standing). Will be interesting to see what happens on Super Tuesday when Bloomberg shows up.

IMO, Sanders has won the Sanders/Warren race, but it's still unclear what's going to happen with Buttigieg/Klobuchar.

Posts: 35366 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Fitting. LOL.

Posts: 24636 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
Nate, despite Steve’s disdain, now is acknowledging a rising chance of a contested convention. He’s putting it at 33%.

Not surprising. Pundits love the whole horse race excitement thing.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34826 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
Side note: there appears to be a reasonably high correlation between pundits I think are smart and worth listening to and those Steve thinks are worthless and should go away,

Believe as you like, but if Nate says Klobuchar will win 40 states I recommend you go out and vote anyway, just in case he's making stuff up.

Like he did last time.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34826 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
There is a difference between making stuff up and being wrong.

Polling is an inexact science, like weather forecasting. (And like most kinds of extrapolation.) I'm quite sure that, despite the imprecision, you check the weather forecast sometimes, even knowing that weather forecasters sometimes get it horribly wrong.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Also in 2016 there was a lot of preference falsification due to the perceived stigma of being a trump voter. He outperformed his polls.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
He will this year too. Wait and see.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13520 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I can imagine that

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Imagine if a month ago someone told you Amy Klobuchar would win more votes in NH than Warren and Biden combined.

Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Also in 2016 there was a lot of preference falsification due to the perceived stigma of being a trump voter. He outperformed his polls.

Interesting choice of words. Why "perceived stigma" and not just "stigma"?

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post