well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    If the Next Administration is Democratic ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If the Next Administration is Democratic ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
... Plenty of Fodder for Criminal Investigations

quote:
President Trump’s company charges the Secret Service for the rooms agents use while protecting him at his luxury properties — billing U.S. taxpayers at rates as high as $650 per night, according to federal records and people who have seen receipts.

Those charges, compiled here for the first time, show that Trump has an unprecedented — and largely hidden — business relationship with his own government.

When Trump visits his clubs in Palm Beach, Fla., and Bedminster, N.J., the service needs space to post guards and store equipment.
Trump’s company says it charges only minimal fees. But Secret Service records do not show that.

Posts: 12528 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
All I can say is they better have an air-tight case before trying to prosecute anyone.

I'm discouraged that anything will be prosecuted at all regardless of who is in power.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I have no words after the Democrats' impeachment fiasco.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
All I can say is they better have an air-tight case before trying to prosecute anyone.

I'm discouraged that anything will be prosecuted at all regardless of who is in power.

Why? I want every one of those fuckers nailed to the wall. How do we put a stop to corruption if there are no consequences?

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21337 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
I have no words after the Democrats' impeachment fiasco.

I think the Democrats did all they could. They just hold 1/2 of one of the three branches of government and the tRumpublicans seem to function without shame...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Hmm.

I think they could have impeached on other/ different 'high crimes and misdemeanors'. Also, I think the result was a foregone conclusion and a political disaster.

I'm not trying to be contrary, Ron. That's just my opinion.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Sometimes, you do what's right, even if what's right is going to cost you.

We celebrate it when John McCain or Mitt Romney steps up to the plate, even if they didn't, or don't, every time they should. We need to be prepared to do so ourselves.

This was the right thing to do.

Posts: 45737 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
Sometimes, you do what's right, even if what's right is going to cost you.

We celebrate it when John McCain or Mitt Romney steps up to the plate, even if they didn't, or don't, every time they should. We need to be prepared to do so ourselves.

+!
Now is the time for the Dems to increase the number and intensity of their investigations.

This was the right thing to do.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post